Access to this product feature is dependent on your institution's Watermark agreement
Base ☑ | Faculty Accomplishments ☑ | Reviews, Promotion and Tenure ☐ | Web Profiles ☐
Administrators can use the Users and Security tool to quickly and easily create user accounts for individuals who need access to Faculty Success. If an administrator is creating more than ten new user accounts, we strongly advise submitting a User Creation Work Request. If you are adding fewer than ten new users, it is more efficient to create the accounts manually.
To begin creating a user account, gather the following user information:
- First name
- Last name
- Email Address
- The method of authentication that the user will use to log in
- The user's security role should be assigned to determine their level of permissions
- College and Department
After gathering this user information, proceed with the steps outlined in this article.
- Navigate to the Users and Security tool from the Tools utility in the Navigation Bar.
- From the Users and Security tool, select "Add a New User" to land on the Create User page.
- On the Create User page, enter the user's information into the appropriate fields. The first name, last name, username, and email address are required fields. Faculty Success uses the first name, middle name, last name, and email address entered to populate the respective fields on the user's Personal and Contact Information activity screen.
Follow the guide below to enter the rest of the user's information.
a. Authentication: In this field, you will specify how the user will log in to Faculty Success. Select the desired authentication method from the drop-down list in this field if your institution supports multiple forms of authentication. If only one authentication method is available, Faculty Success will choose it for you.
b. Activities Database: By default, "Yes" is selected. When "Yes" is selected, Faculty Success will track and save the user's activities. You will then only need to select the user's college and department. The information entered here will be used to create a Yearly Data record for the user for the current academic year, from which you can then edit their college and/or department in Yearly Data. Once track activities is added to an account, the unit assignments may only be edited through Manage Data.
If you wish not to track or store the user's activities, uncheck "Yes" and you will not be required to enter their college or department. For more information on track activities, see this article.
Note: The list of colleges and departments is retrieved from the Yearly Data activity screen. As a result, if a desired college or department that you want to assign to the user is not listed, you will need to submit a Screen Revision Work Request to add it to the corresponding fields in Yearly Data.
c. Choose the security roles for this user: Select the security role(s) you would like to assign to the user. This will determine their level of access to Faculty Success tools. You can view the list of permissions granted by each role by clicking the "[Details]" hyperlink or by viewing the security roles for your organization.
Note: If a user is assigned to a security role with the scope of a college or department, the college or department chosen has no effect on the user's assigned college and department assignments in the Activities Database section, nor on Yearly Data.
- Review your choices for the user account you're creating, then click the "Save" button if everything looks correct.
After saving the account, it can be found using the Manage Data utility or the search fields in the Users & Security tool by searching for the user by first and last name, username, or email address.