- This feature allows CES Administrators and Administrators to create custom reports across multiple projects based on hierarchy level (area), project criteria, course criteria, instructor, teaching assistant, and/or question criteria.
- This feature also allows Instructors and Teaching Assistants to create custom reports across multiple projects based on course enrollment and/or question criteria.
- Reports created in Report Builder 2.0 are saved within the user's Report Builder 2.0 dashboard and can be copied, edited, exported, and/or shared.
- All of the reporting functionality in Report Builder 2.0 can be used for both Course Evaluation Projects and General Survey Projects.
NOTEBoth Report Builder and Report Builder 2.0 are available in customer accounts created prior to November 4, 2018, while only Report Builder 2.0 is available in customer accounts created on/after November 4, 2018.
If your account has both Report Builder and Report Builder 2.0, Report Builder 2.0 will be disabled for all roles by default; then, the CES Administrator can control exactly when their institution moves to Report Builder 2.0, and to which end-user role(s).
Report Builder 2.0 can be used for any project, new and old, however, we recommend enabling Report Builder 2.0 and disabling Report Builder when timing makes sense for your institution.
Report Builder 2.0 requires Instructor enrollments in courses. If courses do not have an Instructor enrolled then Report Builder 2.0 will return a error of "no data found." To bypass this requirement, you can create a dummy instructor on the Users tab of the project and enroll that dummy instructor in the courses as an Instructor. This requirement does not apply to the other reporting features.
Report Builder 2.0
- Click on the Results tab.
- Select Report Builder 2.0. After clicking on Report Builder 2.0, you will be dropped off on the My Reports dashboard, your central location for all reports created from Report Builder 2.0.
To Create a New Report
- Select the tab for your desired report type. These report types help the user navigate the data from one of five available perspectives:
- Search for and/or select your desired criteria > Apply.
- Click Run after your selections have been applied to generate your report.
- Depending on the size of the data in the report you're generating, you may get a message the report is being generated and you'll be notified when it is complete. When complete, an email will be sent to the email address associated with your login. You can also refresh the Report Builder 2 screen until the report is showing as completed. Or you can view the Notifications by clicking on the Bell in the upper right corner of Course Evaluations & Surveys to see that the report has generated.
Areas: With this report type users can compare data from one area or between multiple areas of their account hierarchy. Area data can be compared longitudinally over time, across projects, and across Areas. Data can be aggregated to summarize the area or dis-aggregated to show course or instructor-level detail within the area.
Note: When selecting an area, all child nodes under a parent are also included in the report.
Projects: With this report type users can compare data from one project or between multiple projects. Data can be aggregated to summarize the project overall or dis-aggregated to show course or instructor-level detail within the project.
Courses: With this report type users can compare data from one course or from multiple courses. Course data can be compared longitudinally over time, across projects, or from within the same project. Data can be aggregated to summarize the project overall or dis-aggregated to show course section or instructor-level detail within the project.
Instructors: With this report type users can compare Instructor data from the same instructor or from multiple instructors. Instructor data can be compared longitudinally over time, across projects, or from within the same project. Data can be aggregated to summarize the project overall or dis-aggregated to show course section or instructor-level detail within the project.
- Teaching Assistants: This report type is the same as Instructors, but is segmented to just Teaching Assistant data.
Reporting Types Availabilty
- CES Administrators and Administrators can access all five reporting types and are limited to data under their level(s) of the account hierarchy.
- Instructors and Teaching Assistants can navigate their own results for courses they are enrolled in by Projects and Courses.
Edit, Save, Export ReportAfter the report has been generated select:
- Filters: To edit the report criteria.
- Save: To save the report to your Report Builder 2.0 dashboard.
- Delete: To delete the report.
- Copy: To make a copy of the report.
- Excel: To export a raw data report to Excel that correlates with the filters applied.
- PDF: To export results to PDF format that correlates with the filters and view applied.