Watermark Faculty Success organizes and builds reports on teaching, research and service activities. It enables you to keep track of your activity information just once so that many outputs can be prepared, such as annual activity reports, promotion and tenure documents, accreditation reports, your CV, your profile on your campus website and more. It also assists your administration in responding to requests for faculty-related data, rather than needing to continually ask you for the information. This enables your campus to communicate more effectively about your accomplishments.
Faculty Success is designed to be easy to navigate. To help you get started, here is a quick overview of the utilities you will work with most often.
The navigation bar displays all utilities available to your account. You may have other utilities if your Faculty Success Administrator has given you security access to them.
- Activities: Add or update information about the activities you accomplish.
- CV Imports: Upload your CV to add activity information in bulk
- Reports: Run reports that have been custom-built for your campus or create your own reports.
- Workflow: If your campus utilizes the Workflow module to facilitate processes such as Annual Review, this option allows you to submit your review materials.
- Help: The question mark icon allows you to submit suggestions on how to improve the system, questions about use of the system, or report system errors.
When you first visit this page, it would be good to spend a few minutes looking through the screens accessible from it. To access a screen, click its name. The resulting summary screen displays information that is stored for that screen. There are six possible actions you can take from the resulting screen, although not all of these actions will always be available:
- To add a new record, select the Add New button.
- To import items in bulk, select the Import button (available only for the Publications screen).
- To delete a record, select the appropriate check box, then select the Trash Can button.
- To edit or view a record, click any record row on the summary screen. If you select a specific field, the editor will open with the field in focus.
Note: Your Faculty Success Administrator may have added records to the system for you. These records can be viewed, but cannot be edited or deleted. A Lock icon identifies these records. If revisions are needed to the records which have been entered on your behalf, contact your Faculty Success Administrator using the Help link.
- To copy a record, select the appropriate check box, then select the Duplicate button.
- To merge records which you consider duplicates, select the checkbox for each duplicate record and select Compare.The Compare and Merge feature enables users to resolve duplicates.
When working in the system, it is important that you preserve modifications by selecting one of the Save buttons at the top of the screen. If you attempt to navigate away from a screen containing unsaved changes, a warning message will display to determine whether you would like to return to the screen and save your modifications before proceeding.
The CV Importer feature in Watermark Faculty Success will help you get data into the system quickly and accurately using the source you most trust—your CV! We know you are busy and the goal of CV Imports is to allow you to spend less time entering data and more time with your Teaching, Service and Research activities.
The capability uses highlighting technology to identify areas of your CV that tie to specific fields within Faculty Success, customized to our system configuration. Once the highlighting is complete, you go through a series of steps to review, validate and confirm the upload.
Read more here for a tutorial on using the CV Import tool. Depending on your institution's configuration, this tool may not be available.
Import Publications from Other Systems
There are two ways for you to bring citations into Faculty Success from other databases.
First, you can load BibTeX files into Faculty Success. BibTeX Imports enable you to import citations from a wide variety of reference managers or databases — for example, EndNote, Google Scholar, Mendeley, RefWorks, HeinOnline or Zotero. Read more here about how to import a BibTeX file.
Second, you can import citations directly from Crossref and PubMed. If your campus has a subscription, you can also import directly from ORCID, Scopus and Web of Science. Read more here.
Activity Screen Customizations
The screens available from the Activities tab and all of the fields on them have been customized for your campus. These can still be changed in any way needed. To propose changes that you would like to see made, contact your Administrator using the Help link. Any changes to the activity screens will require your administrator to submit a Screen Revision Work Request.
Take a look at the following key features that streamline data entry and reporting! Read more here for more information and addition system functionality.
Read more here for answers to the most frequently asked questions.