The CV Import feature in Watermark Faculty Success will help you get data into the system quickly and accurately using the source you most trust—your CV! We know you are busy and the goal of CV Imports is to allow you to spend less time entering data and more time with your Teaching, Service and Research activities.
The capability uses highlighting technology to identify areas of your CV that tie to specific fields within Faculty Success, customized to our system configuration. Once the highlighting is complete, you go through a series of steps to review, validate and confirm the upload.
Access CV Imports in the top Navigation bar. Upload your CV with a compatible format (.doc, .docx, .odt, .rtf). Previous uploads will appear as a Draft in Progress with a link to the uploaded file:
After selecting Begin, you will have the option of selecting specific sections of your uploaded CV to import into the database. A side bar will appear that includes the data collection screens available for importing data.
Use the Filter Activity Types field to filter activity types that have been completed, started, or not started. After selecting the Activity Type, you will be asked to complete the following actions:
1. Highlight Entries: Highlight all records that match the selected Activity Type as they appear within your CV. Multiple records can be highlighted, and by clicking on a highlighted entry, you have the option to keep or remove that record from the import.
2. Confirm Entries: After highlighting all relevant activities, you will then have the opportunity to verify the records selected in Highlight Entries. Each of the highlighted records will appear as a separate entry for review. Records that appear to be parsed incorrectly can be merged or split through the Merge or Split Entries button. To merge or split these records, highlight the record to match the desired layout and press Next once this has been completed
3. Highlight Fields: Now that activities from the uploaded CV have been identified, you can associate required and recommended fields within Faculty Success to the highlighted entries. Required and recommended fields are determined by your institution administrator.
After selecting one of the required or recommended fields, you will be prompted to classify the record according to the nature of the field.
For fields with drop down list values, a drawer will appear in the right half of your screen. From here you can select the appropriate value for each entry.
For text fields, such as the title of a Publication, you can highlight the relevant portion of your CV entry.
Any data needed for a field in Faculty Success that does not exist in your CV can be manually entered by using the Manual Entry button.
If you need to move to a different Activity type before finishing the review process of their current Activity Type, you can access the drawer menu by clicking on Highlight Content within the step indicator.
4. Review Records: After highlighting all of the necessary fields for each activity, you will have the opportunity to review and edit each entry before importing.
After confirming the accuracy of your entries, the Activity Type sidebar will appear and allow you to continue the parsing process for other activities, or to proceed to the final review before importing.
5. Import Records: The final review screen will show all of the records to be imported alongside the required and recommended fields associated with such records. Once you have confirmed the accuracy of all records, click “Import” in the lower right hand corner of your screen.