Getting Started: General Information
- Click Planning in the side menu.
- From the horizontal menu at the top of your screen, click Assessment Planning.
- Click Juried Assessments.
- Click Edit/Create Templates.
- Click to create a new report template.
Step 1: Enter Basic Information
- Enter a name for the template. This can be a generic name, excluding specific course numbers or terms, as the template can be used multiple times for the current and subsequent semesters. When you send a Juried Assessment based on a template, you will have a chance to name the instance for better organization.
Define Assessment Type
- Enter a Description (optional).
- Define your assessment type.
- Artifact Upload: The student artifact will be individual files manually uploaded into the system.
- Observation: The assessment will be based on an observation, interview, or other interaction with the student. No artifacts will be uploaded.
- Coursework: The students have submitted coursework within Tk20.
- Portfolio: The students have submitted a portfolio within Tk20.
- Click Next.
- Coursework and Portfolios are collected in Tk20.
- Artifacts in this context refer to files uploaded by the Juried Assessment Administrator.
- Observations in this context are not related to the Observation functionality in Courses.
Step 2: Create Assessment Jury Pool
- Click on to add potential jurors (i.e., assessors) to your jury pool.
- Search for your desired jurors.
- Place a checkmark in the box next to each user you want to add, then click Add.
- Select the assessment tool you want to use for assessing the student work.
Assessment Jury Pool
- Choose your assessments:
- If you previously selected Artifacts, Coursework, or Portfolios from Step 1: Enter Basic Information, now you will be prompted to assess all artifacts uploaded or a random sample of those artifacts.
- If you previously selected Observations from Step 1: Enter Basic Information, now you will be prompted to enter the number of students to be assessed.
- Choose the number of assessors who will review each artifact/observation:
- Up to four (4) assessors can review each artifact/observation.
- If two (2) or four (4) assessors is selected, you will also be prompted to include a tie-breaking assessment.
- Click Next.
Step 3: Review and Finish
- Review your selections, then mark the template active.
- Click Save. You can also refer to the video link:
You can also refer to the video link: JA Construction 1 of 4: Creating a Juried Assessment Template