Unlocking Work that Has Not Been Evaluated
In Taskstream, student work becomes locked (showing a padlock icon) when a student clicks the Submit Work button and then confirms the submission.
If you, the Evaluator, have not looked at or begun the evaluation, and the status of the submission is Submitted (as in the screenshot below), then the student can click the Cancel Submission button and their work will unlock and be available to edit.
If you, the Evaluator, have clicked into their work at all, that is considered "starting the evaluation" in Taskstream. You will see a clock icon next to the Evaluate button, indicating an evaluation is in progress. Follow these steps to "cancel" this evaluation and "unlock" the student's work:
- From the evaluation grid, click the Evaluate button that corresponds to the student's work
2. Click Cancel- Evaluate Later. This will "unlock" the work and allow the student to edit their submission.
Unlocking Work that Has Been Evaluated
If you have completed an evaluation for the work, only the Evaluation Manager Role can unlock it.
A designated Evaluation Manager for this program can access the work submission by following these steps:
- Click the View/Edit link from the evaluation grid, to open the View Work page.
- Click the Send Back to Author button to unlock the work submission. At this point, the padlock icon is no longer visible next to the work, and the student will be able to edit/ add more work.
Canceling an Evaluation
- Evaluators can cancel an evaluation that is in progress by following these steps:
- Click the DRF program name
- Filter for the appropriate requirements and select Show everyone - all items (do not filter).
- For work submissions where an evaluation is in progress, a clock icon with a check mark will appear next to a View/Edit link. Click the View/Edit link.
- Click the Cancel - Evaluate Later button.
The student will now be able to cancel the work submission and edit their work. The student should go to the requirement they need to access/ edit and click the Cancel Submission button in the upper-right area of the page. Canceling the submission will unlock the work (don't worry, the work itself is saved-- only the submission will be canceled) and allow the student to make changes and corrections before submitting the work again.
Again, if the evaluation has been completed, only an evaluation manager has the permissions to be able to cancel the evaluation. See the article below for more information: