How to Evaluate Work in Taskstream
In Taskstream, an Evaluator is the person who is scoring work.
- To begin, access and log in to your Taskstream account.
- If you have multiple roles, click the Evaluator tab.
Locating Work That Requires Evaluation
There are 3 different ways to locate work that requires evaluation.
- Option A
Click Evaluation Required in the All Items area to view items from multiple programs that require evaluation.
- Option B
Click Evaluation Required under the program where you would like to access work.
- Option C
Click the name of the program where you would like to evaluate work.
1. In the Evaluation area, to search for a particular author, type the first or last name in the appropriate field, and click Search.
2. You can use the available filter options to view work for multiple authors. After you make your selections, click Continue.
3. You can use the Time Slicing Option to search for work submitted during a certain time period. After you make your selections, click Continue.
Note: You can also search for students whose accounts have expired by checking the Include inactive Subscribers box at the bottom of the screen.
When items are ready to be evaluated, you can access them by clicking the Evaluate button.
To access the evaluation for the work, click Score Work. Two pop-up windows will appear; one with the evaluation area and one that shows the work to be evaluated.
Depending on the setup of the DRF program, your evaluation type may differ. Evaluation methods in Taskstream include: pass/fail, meets/does not meet requirement, a write in score, an evaluation form, and/or a rubric.
Note: If you need to immediately unlock the student's work without an evaluation, click Send Back to Author.
Using a Rubric
(Based on the evaluation method selected, you may see a different screen.)
1. For each Rubric Criterion, enter the appropriate score. Evaluators can select the score by hovering over or clicking the score tile. If the rubric is set up to allow fractional scores, then evaluators can select a fractional score by using the slide bar.
2. Evaluators have the optional ability to add a file to their evaluations. The file can be shared with the students (Authors) and become a permanent part of the evaluation history and reports. The file size is limited to 15 MB, but NOT limited to any one format.
Adding a File to the Evaluation (Optional)
Files added during Evaluation become a permanent part of the evaluation history and reports, and can (optionally) be shared with students (authors).
- To add a file, In the Evaluation page, click Browse. The Browse File pop-up window loads.
- Locate your file and click Open. The file populates the file field in the evaluation page.
- In the Name field, enter a description (maximum 100 characters). If you do not enter a name, the file name displays as the default.
Note: A maximum of 3 (three) files can be attached to any one Evaluation. The total size of all files associated with a single Evaluation cannot exceed 15MB.
- (Optional) To hide the file from the Author, uncheck Visible to Author.
3. From the bottom of the rubric, select one of the three Next Steps and click Submit Evaluation Now.
Releasing an Evaluation
To release evaluations to authors/students, please follow the instructions below:
1. Click the Awaiting Release shortcut listed under the Program name.
2. Select the checkbox associated with each evaluated requirement you want to submit
Click Release Selected Evaluation(s).
You can also release multiple evaluations simultaneously by following the instructions below:
1. Click the Release Author checkbox for the name of the Author whose evaluation you want to release.
Click Release Selected Evaluation(s).
Please see the video walkthrough below [2:28].
Click the lower right corner to enlarge.