The purpose of Data Form Uploads is to allow institutions to auto-create Observations data in Tk20’s Courses section by uploading data from an Excel spreadsheet.
Before you begin, you will need to have the following:
- An active assessment tool in Form Builder. Note that only rubrics are able to be filled out via Data Form Uploads. Other questions in your assessment tool will not be populated.
- An Excel file (with headers) that includes the Section ID number (unique course ID), Term Code, Student ID Numbers, and scores for each criterion.
When you are ready to begin, follow navigate to the Upload Data Form page:
- Click on Administration in the main navigation menu on the left.
- Click on Data Form Uploads in the secondary menu.
- Click on Upload Data Form.
Step 1: Basic Information
- Enter basic information about your data form, including the assessment name, description (optional), and assessment tool used.
- Click on the green Select File button to select an Excel file from your computer. It is important to remember that your spreadsheet must have a header row.
- When you are finished, click on the green Next button to continue to Step 2.
Step 2: Data Mapping
- Align our data by selecting the columns in your data file that contain required information, including student PID, Term Code, and Section ID.
- Scroll down to view the rubric data pulled from the assessment tool you selected in Step 1. Match each rubric criterion with the spreadsheet column containing performance rating data.
- When you are finished, click on the green Next button to continue to Step 3.
Step 3: Validate Mapping
- Review the error associated with each row. Click on the gray buttons showing the number of errors to view which row(s) need to be fixed, as shown to the right.
- Fix any errors on your original Excel spreadsheet and then return to Step 1 to re-upload your corrected file.
- When you are finished, click on the green Import to finalize your Data Form Upload.
Validating Data Form Mapping