Creating a New User
Before you create a new user account, we recommend double-checking to make sure that the user does not already exist in the system. Once you have confirmed that this individual does not have an account, you can follow these steps to add a new user to the system:
- Click on Administration in the main navigation menu on the left.
- Click on Users in the secondary menu.
- Below the search fields, click on the green Create New User button:
Create New User
- Select a role from the dropdown list.
- Enter information about the user. Note that certain fields are required.
- When you are finished, click on the green Create button at the bottom of the page to create the user.
- When an account is created manually, the system will generate a username for the user in the following format: Jane Smith, Username = jsmith0000. If this user will be logging in via remote authentication, then you will need to change the username to match the authenticated (i.e. Single Sign-On or LDAP) username. To do this, please go to Administration Users Change Username. To see the authentication of the different roles in Tk20, go to Administration Security.