Below are resources that provide detailed instructions to help you set up your edTPA programs in Taskstream:
Video to walk you through the steps of setting up an edTPA program:
edTPA Setup Walkthrough Video
Which content areas will you need for your students that are completing the edTPA?
Copying edTPA Templates
Note: If you have not already, please contact our client support team and specify if you will be performing edTPA evaluations locally at your institution. This will ensure you get access to the appropriate set of edTPA Templates.
First, copy in the appropriate edTPA templates using the following steps:
1. Click TS Coordinator.
2. Click on the DRF Template Builder.
If the section to create or copy a DRF Template is currently hidden, click Create New.
3. Click Copy a DRF Template.
4. Choose the appropriate set of edTPA Templates from the drop down menu and click Search.
5. Select an edTPA Template and click Select This DRF template. Note: The templates must be copied one at a time.
6. Click Copy
Note: Repeat steps 1-6 to copy any additional edTPA templates you need.
Evaluation Method Settings:
If you plan to enable Taskstream evaluation for your edTPA programs, we strongly encourage you to keep the default scoring preference (just rubric comments).
From tab 3 – Evaluation, click on Reassign/Edit Evaluation Method.
Click Edit Rubric Display.
If not already chosen, select Just rubric comments and click Apply Changes.
Setting Up an edTPA Program
1. Click TS Coordinator.
2. Click DRF & TPA Programs.
3. Click to create a new TPA Program.
4. Enter a title for the TPA Program.
5. If you need to enable the Send to Pearson button, choose Yes in the Enable Pearson Integration section. Then choose your state and the appropriate Assessment Type from the drop down.
6. Choose whether or not to enable Taskstream evaluation and/or update the Program Icon and click Create Program.
Note: If you choose to enable Taskstream evaluation, we strongly encourage you not to release any evaluations back to the students that have been completed locally in Taskstream so this will not be confused with the official scores from Pearson.
7. Set the Reviewer Preference. (Enabled recommended for providing an acceptable form of feedback according to edTPA guidelines.)
8. Evaluator Permissions. (It is highly recommended that you do not allow evaluators to release evaluations and scores to authors.)
9. Author Anonymity and Versioning are optional and not required, but you can choose to enable either or both if desired.
Versioning and sending the work back for revision does not have any direct effect on the Pearson submission after the submission to Pearson is made. Students and faculty will just want to keep in mind that students can only Send to Pearson once. Therefore, the students will want to make all of their revisions PRIOR to submitting to Pearson.
10. Select the TPA program manager’s permission in the program and click Save.
Please note for Evaluation Manager permissions, Oversee Evaluations is typically the only necessary permission. However, depending upon how you are choosing to do internal Taskstream evaluation, the All Access or Reconcile Permission may be required.
11. Proceed to tab 2 and select the appropriate TPA template from the My DRF Templates drop down menu.
12. Select whether or not multiple evaluators are needed for all author submissions and click Continue.
13. You can also choose to enable a due date. Visibility will always be ‘All’ due to category level evaluation.
14. Proceed to tab 3– Enrollment. You can enable a Self-Enrollment code for students if desired as well as enroll Reviewers (if applicable) and Evaluators (if applicable).
15. Proceed to tab 4 and choose your Reviewer and/or Evaluator Grouping options. You can choose the option that best suits his/her program’s workflow. Click Apply Changes.
The choice here will depend on who is completing the internal Taskstream evaluations – i.e. instructors of the courses where the TPA is a required component or randomly selected faculty.
16. Proceed to tab 6 and activate the TPA program by clicking Change Status to Active.
Setting Up Additional edTPA Programs:
1. Click on All Programs to return to the DRF & TPA program main menu.
2. Click the Copy button to the right of the first edTPA program you created.
3. Rename the copied program according to the next edTPA content area for which you wish to create a program.
If you need further assistance with this process, please contact our Support Team at email@example.com.