The Users and Security utility enables you to manage the user accounts in your system. You can:
- Create new user account and security roles as needed
- Search for a user account
- Update the name, username, and email address associated with an account
- Change the authentication method for a user account
- Change the security roles to which a user account is assigned
- Disable, delete and enable a user account
- Download All User Information
- Review your campus's security roles and their permissions; from this section of Users and Security, you can also access:
- Download Security Role Configuration Details
- Download Custom Report Security Details
- Click a shortcut to manage data for a given user account, if you have access
The bottom section of Users and Security will default to list all user accounts to which your account has access within Faculty Success. Selecting the pencil (edit) icon for a user enables you to perform the functions above for that account.
Note: If you need to edit user accounts outside the scope of your role, you will need to revise the Search Users selection to be All Users. For more information about this option, see Searching For User Accounts.
For more information about managing a user's activity entries using Manage Data, see Manage Data.
For more information about managing security roles and user accounts, see the articles under Users and Security.