Campaigns are used to send an email message to a specific group of people and track its performance. SSE campaign messages are usually messages that call for action and/or include important notifications.
- All Campaigns must be manually started to initiate message sending and performance tracking.
- All Campaign Types can be edited before they are started but only Scheduled Ongoing Campaigns can be edited after being started.
- Campaigns that are no longer active, eg. once a campaign has ended, it is marked as Done and cannot be restarted.
Note: Within an individual campaign, the campaign message will only be sent ONCE to each campaign message recipient. It does not matter how many times the same student is added/removed/found in the campaign filter. Each student/recipient will only receive one message from each campaign they are associated with.
How to create a new campaign:
- Click the Campaigns tab on the main navigation bar.
- Select the Emails tab in the left column.
- Select +New to add a new campaign.
- Choose the appropriate campaign card type to begin.
Note: If you are unsure which campaign type to use, we recommend using the General campaign type.
5. Complete each text area with the appropriate information.
6. Choose the appropriate Campaign Schedule Type.
SS&E Campaigns can be sent via three different schedule types:
- Scheduled - Ongoing
- An immediate campaign will send messages one time as soon as the campaign is started.
- An immediate campaign will send messages one time to everyone within the selected filter when the campaign is started, and will not continue to send messages after this.
- Users who enter an immediate campaign filter after the campaign was started will not be sent a campaign message.
Scheduled campaigns have a Date that represents the scheduled date and time.
- The scheduled date-time represents when scheduled campaign messages will be sent.
- When entering the scheduled date, this must be a future date. Past dates and today's date are not accepted.
- Once the campaign is started, messages will only send one time on the scheduled start/send datetime to all recipients that are in the campaign filter at the time the messages are sent.
- Users who enter a scheduled campaign filter after the start/send datetime will not be sent a campaign message.
If the campaign is started past the send date, no messages will send.
- To edit the campaign start/send date, the campaign must be copied to a new campaign so that the Schedule Send Date can be changed to a future date.
Scheduled - Ongoing
- Ongoing Scheduled campaigns have a Send Date datetime and a Send Schedule.
- The scheduled start/send datetime represents when scheduled ongoing campaign messages will be sent for the very first time. Afterwards, messages will send according to the Ongoing Send Schedule.
- Once the campaign is started, messages will send for the very first time on the start/send Date datetime to all users in the campaign filter at the time messages are sent.
- Users who enter the campaign filter after the start datetime will receive a campaign message according to the ongoing schedule until the end of the campaign is reached (if an ongoing schedule end date is provided or if the ongoing scheduled campaign is manually ended).
If the campaign is started past the initial send date, no messages will send.
- To edit the campaign start/send date, the campaign should be copied to a new campaign so that the Schedule Send Date can be changed to a future date.
7. Click the Content tab to the Campaign message. See the Building a Campaign message articles page to build a campaign message.
8. Click Save.
Starting a Campaign
To start a Campaign
Every campaign must be manually started to begin sending messages.
- To start a campaign, use the Start button on the secondary navigation bar.
- Once started, a campaign will send messages immediately or on a future date(s) according to the campaign schedule.
- SS&E will only begin tracking campaign performance once it is started.