The LMS Submission feature of Outcomes Assessment Projects enables an institution to collect
artifacts directly from students within their course in D2L/Brightspace. The assignment link
created below will allow students to access Outcomes Assessment Projects LMS Submission
module within D2l/Brightspace to upload and submit their files.
Creating the Assignment Using the External Tool in D2L/Brightspace
- Navigate to the course.
- Click External Learning Tools (LTI).
- Click New Link.
Provide the following:
- Title - something meaningful, so the students can identify the assignment
- URL - copy and paste from Outcomes Assessment Projects. (1 link per course in each
- Allow users to view this link - CHECK
- Sign messages with key/secret with - UNCHECK
- Tool consumer key/secret - SELECT
- Use tool provider security settings - SELECT
- Select org units to make tool provider available to
- Click Save and Close.
- Navigate back to the Content page for the course
Click Add a module..., type the name of the module and hit enter.
- Click on the module just created.
- Click Add Existing Activities.
- Click External Learning Tools.
- Click the External Learning Tool that was just added:
- Verify the External Learning Tool has been added to the page
- Click on the Assignment to verify the Faculty Preview appears and displays correct
assignment name and instructions.
Note - you will not be able to start a submission or upload files if you are not enrolled in the
LMS course as a student or learner.