The LMS Submission feature of Outcomes Assessment Projects enables an institution to collect
artifacts directly from students within their course in Blackboard. The assignment link created
below will allow students to access Outcomes Assessment Projects, from within Blackboard, to
upload and submit their files.
Creating the Assignment Using the LTI Tool in Blackboard
• Navigate to the course home page
• Click Content → Build Content → Web Link
Provide the following:
- Name - something meaningful, so the students can identify the assignment.
- URL - copy and paste from Outcomes Assessment Projects. (1 link per course in each
- Check the setting labeled This link is to a Tool Provider.
- Select No for the setting labeled Enable Evaluation.
- Select No to open in New Window.
- Click Submit.
- Verify the assignment shows up in the Content section
- Click on the Assignment to verify the Faculty Preview appears and displays correct
assignment name and instructions.
Note - you will not be able to start a submission or upload files if you are not enrolled in the
LMS course as a student or learner.