Occasionally you may notice that some courses do not appear in Tk20, or students and/or faculty are not listed for a course. This guide will help you resolve this and offer suggestions for correcting the issue.
Problem: Courses do not appear in Tk20 for the recent term
Steps for resolving:
- Verify the date of your last data load. Tk20 recommends a minimum of three data loads per semester.
- How do you provide your data files?
- If you provide your files via the Document Room, check the most recent file upload. Simply opening the file and searching for the CRN or course section ID will let you know if the course was included.
- Did you notify firstname.lastname@example.org that you requested a data load? Many Tk20 partner institutions set up a data load schedule with Client Support to ensure data loads occur when needed.
- If you provide files via a sFTP server, check with your IT department on the date of the last file transfer and the contents of the provided Course file.
- You may need to check the Term Name and Term Code provided in the Course file. Occasionally courses may appear in the file with the incorrect Term information.
Problem: Students and/or faculty aren’t listed as enrolled in a course or the instructor of record
Steps for resolving:
- As with courses above, verify the date of your last data load.
- If you provide your files via the Document Room, check the most recent file upload.
- If you provide files via a sFTP server, check with your IT department on the date of the last file transfer and the contents of the provided student and faculty schedule files.
If you determine there are discrepancies between the course, student, and faculty data in Tk20 versus the data in your Student Information System or university enrollment portal, work with your IT department to synchronize the data as much as possible. Tk20 is not able to communicate directly with your SIS to recognize any differences in the data sets. Maintaining an accurate set of data in Tk20 is especially important for course evaluations and course-based assessments integrated through LTI to your LMS.
If you determine the data provided is accurate, but you notice issues with courses or enrollment in Tk20, please notify our Client Support team immediately at email@example.com
Article is closed for comments.