What are the At-a-Glance Goals and Outcome Alignment Reports?
The At-a-Glance Goals and Outcome Alignment Reports provide grids detailing how outcome sets (created in a workspace) align with:
1. Goal sets created in the Organization Goals Editor
2. Other outcome sets created in the same workspace
3. Outcome sets created in other participating areas’ workspaces
These reports are meant to be gap and frequency charts, so that you can determine if adjustments need to be made to your curricula.
- You can filter grids to exclude blank rows and columns
- From these reports, you can also drill down to see the corresponding qualitative data (measures’ descriptions, timeline, personnel, summary of findings, etc.) you chose to collect
Running the At-a-Glance Goals and Outcome Alignment Reports
If you see a variation of this section (highlighted below) on the left side* of your AMS account’s home page...
...You have At-a-Glance Reporting access!*
*If you do NOT see a “At-a-Glance Oversight” on the left side of your homepage, contact your AMS Coordinator.
Steps to Run Goals and Outcome Alignment Reports in At-a-Glance Oversight:
1. From the Reports menu on the account homepage, click on the link beneath At-a-Glance Oversight (screen shot above)
a. Your link will depend on the organizational level for which you have reporting oversight (e.g., if your account has reporting permissions across the entire institution, the link will be name of the institution. If you have permissions over a specific college, department or program within the institution, the link will be specific to those areas)
2. You should now see three (3) categories (screen shot below): Summary Reports, Goals and Outcome Alignment Reports, and Assessment Cycle and Operational Plan Reports
a. From the Goals and Outcome Alignment Reports area, you will see three (3) options
Steps to the Goal Set Alignment Summary Report
After following the steps in part III (above), choose a set from the Goal Set Alignment Summary drop-down menu.
a. The options will be the goal sets that you have entered into your Organizational Goals Editor
Select the workspace on which you would like to report from the Select Workspace dropdown menu
Then, select the Assessment Plan from the Select Assessment Plan drop- down menu
a. Please note: You can export only one cycle at a time; however, you can then copy and paste the cycles into one Excel or Word doc, if you would like an aggregated view
4. Next, select your filters and click the CONTINUE button:
a. All Participating Areas in your Administrative Domain or A Subset of
Participating Areas in your Administrative Domainb. You may also filter by goal sets to which you’ve mapped your outcomes
5. On the next page, choose the info to display:
a. OnlytotalsforGeneralUniversityORTotalsandAssessmentPlanresultsforeachof the ___ participating areas with access within [Name of your institution]
b. Check the boxes for the appropriate Assessment Cycle – Operational/Action/Continuous Improvement Plans to include in the report, only if you would like to include the data fields found in the Action/Operational/Continuous Improvement Plan and Status Report requirements (i.e. Action, Description, Current Status, Next Steps, etc.).
i. You might have changed the requirement title and/or prompts for info.
c. Click the CONTINUE button
6. The resulting page will display a quantitative report, which includes overall statistics and bar graphs for the entire institution, and similar disaggregated info for each participating area
You can view the report’s identifying information in the box at the top
of the page
You can also use the check boxes toward the top of the page to filter
You can print the report, or export it to PDF or Word, by clicking on the
links toward the top, right-hand side of the page
7. Select the View Assessment Cycle Detail by Outcome link (toward the left-hand side of the page) for any one participating area
8. The resulting screen will display a qualitative report, which includes text entered into the following requirements (you may have changed the requirement names) for that participating area:
Program Outcomes/Learning Objectives/Goals/KPIs
If you chose to include the Operational/Action/Continuous Improvement Plan in step 6b, the actions will also appear
a. You can uncheck the box at the top of the page to exclude mapping from the report; a check box to filter measures (i.e. include only those with findings) also appears
b. You can click on the Advanced Display Options button to filter further
c. You can print this qualitative report (or export it to PDF, Word, or Excel) by clicking on the links toward the top, right-hand side of the page