Follow these steps to export action (aka operational or continuous improvement) plan details to Excel and view them as a table:
- Click the link from the At-a-Glance Oversight option from the Reports menu in the left panel of the account home page.
The At-a-Glance Oversight link to which you will have access will depend on the organizational level to which you have reporting oversight.
For example, if your account has been granted reporting permissions across the entire institution, the link will be name of the institution. If you have permissions over a specific college, department or program within the institution, the link will be specific to those areas.
- From the At-a-Glance Reports home page, click the Operational Plan Summary link that is displayed (near the bottom of the screen) under Assessment Plan and Operational Plan Reports.
- Using the pull-down menus, select (in turn) the Workspace, Operational Plan, and Organizational Area on which you’d like to report. You may optionally Filter by outcome or goal set alignment by choosing your target set and elements from the associated pull down menu. Click the Continue button.
- Under Select information to display on report, select to display “Totals and Operational Plan results for each of the [#] Participating Areas within [your institution].” You may also choose to include action item details and status reports from action items linked to findings for up to three planning cycles.
- In the resulting display, scroll down and click on the View Operational Plan Detail by Outcome link for a specific program.
- Click the button or link labeled Export to Excel with Options. Then, in the resulting pop-up window, click OK.
- The next screen asks you to indicate what information should be included in the export file:
- Under Choose what to export:
- If you would like to retain any filters you had applied when viewing the report, select “The display preferences currently selected on main report.”
- Otherwise, select “All data available, no filters applied.”
- Under Choose which participating area(s) to include
- If you’d like to include only the Participating Area whose link you used to access the summary (in Step 4, above), select “This participating area, [name of program].”
- Otherwise, select “Multiple Participating Areas in your Administrative Domain.” In this case, use check boxes to choose the areas you’d like to include. The areas that are “Not Enrolled” in the workspace you’re reporting on will simply be excluded from the report that will be produced.
- Click Continue.
- Under Choose what to export:
- An Excel file will be downloaded to your computer. Open this Excel file and click Yes in the popup window.
- Highlight the cell in the upper-left most corner of the table. Then click on the Format as Table button from the Excel menu option buttons.
- Select a color scheme.
- In the popup window, leave the default entry for “Where is the data for your table?” and leave the “My table has headers” box checked.
- Click the OK button.
- Your table column headers are now active. You can click on the little arrow button next to each column header to filter and sort your table as you choose.