This article helps resolve the following issues:
Activity items are missing on the Student Activity Feed Filter.
Staff users cannot access the Activity Feed for a specific Student Filter.
Tabs are missing on the staff user's Caseload.
- Student Filters are missing.
Note: The "limited/full profile view" feature grants the ability to assign specific "limited view" permissions to staff users while viewing students who are outside of their caseload. For this reason, it is very important to make sure that each staff user has the proper "caseload".
- For more information about how to identify who is the "caseload" definition, review the On-Caseload definition found here.
- For example, the Staff User Setting "Automatically follow students enrolled in courses that I instruct" will automatically add students to the staff users' caseload.
1) Activity Items are missing on the Student Activity Feed Filter
The logged-in staff user is unable to filter the student's activity feed based on a specific activity item type.
The staff user is not assigned permissions to the activity item. Depending on the activity item, check the corresponding tab permissions settings.
- Notes are missing - Verify the Note tab permission
- Surveys are missing - Verify "Can access survey" and "Can see survey tab" permissions, etc.
2) Staff users "Do not have permission to access the activity feed for this filter"
The logged-in staff user is unable to view the activity feed for a specific student filter.
Check permissions based on the following:
- If the student filter scope is "Caseload", this message displays when the staff user is not assigned permissions to "Can see the full profile for my caseload".
- If the student filter scope is "Everyone", this message displays when the staff user is not assigned permissions to "Can see the full profile for all students".
3) Tabs are missing on my caseload
The logged-in staff user is not seeing the expected student tabs on their caseload.
Check permissions to see if the staff user is either:
- Missing permissions to "Can see full profile for my caseload"
- Missing tab permissions in the "Limited profile view"
- Missing tab permissions in the "Full profile view"
4) Student Filters are missing
Check permissions "Can See Full Profile For All Students" - when unchecked, the staff user will only see "Caseload" filters on their Students page.
- If the staff user had permissions to Can See Full Profile For All Students, and this was removed, then all student filters using a scope of "Everyone" will be removed from the UI.
To view more details about Full Profile View settings, click here.