Hierarchy Builder allows you to setup a hierarchical structure for your account. There are two key purposes for this hierarchy:
- Provide the ability to enroll administrators into the system and control which results they are able to access based on their areas of access within the hierarchy
- Provide the ability to create levels within the system, which can easily align the data to specific levels in your hierarchy for reporting purposes.
To Setup or Edit Your Hierarchy Structure:
- Navigate to Account > Site Settings (section) > Hierarchy Builder.
- To begin building your hierarchy, right click on the top node/name and select Add Child.
- The Add New Level dialogue will appear where you can input the desired name of the level.
- Click OK.
- The new child node/level will display under the node/level on which you right-clicked.
- Right click again on a node/name to Edit the node label/name or to Remove the node/level
NOTE: If you remove a node that has courses associated to that hierarchy level, all courses will be moved to the highest parent node in the hierarchy.
- Once you have built all the levels in your hierarchy, you can click on Export Hierarchy to view your hierarchy within an Excel spreadsheet with the hierarchy level names and node paths.
- Additionally, you can move nodes/levels of your hierarchy by dragging and dropping the level under any other level in the hierarchy