Use this feature to create and manage administrators within your Course Evaluations & Surveys account.
Types of Administrator accounts
- CES Administrators: Super-users with access to ALL areas of Course Evaluations & Surveys.
- "Node" Administrators: Have limited access to Course Evaluations & Surveys based on the role(s) and the assigned levels of your institution’s hierarchy, which are assigned to them by an EK Administrator. Examples of a "Node" Administrator might be a Dean, Provost, Department Chair, Division Chair or any other type of administrator who needs access to reports and/or other permissions, as determined by the "node" administrator's assigned role(s).
To Manually Create a New Node Administrator
- Click on +Add New Administrator.
- Under Select Roles, the following roles can be assigned to a Node Administrator:
NOTEThe Survey Admin, Report Admin, Custom Question Admin, Student Alert Admin, Course Admin, Custom Question Monitoring Admin, and Results Monitoring Admin roles do not allow a user to create projects, associate surveys to a project, or have access to account-level settings within your Course Evaluations & Surveys account.
- Under Levels, select the specific areas within your hierarchy wherein the administrator should have access.
NOTESelecting a higher level/node in the hierarchy does NOT automatically include all lower levels/nodes. Select every level the user should be able to access.
- To create & save the Administrator, click Save.
To Create an CES Administrator (Promote from Node Admin)
- Follow the steps to create a Node Administrator.
- Once you have created the Node Administrator, click on Edit by the administrator’s account.
- At the top of the administrator’s user information, click on Promote to CES Administrator Role.
To Create Administrators in BatchYou can import multiple Administrators or update their data with an upload file.
- Create an Excel spreadsheet with the following required headers, exactly as they appear below, and with NO SPACES in the headers:
- Optional Fields. Only include field(s) where you wish to add/update:
- Within the Excel upload file, create a row for each level of access for an administrator within your hierarchy.
- Input administrator Username, First Name, Last Name and email Address.
- Input 1 under each column you want to grant permission, and for each area/department. Leave blank or input 0 to not select this option.
- Return to Manage Administrators and click on Import Administrators to select your administrator file and upload to add administrators.