To create a Lesson or Unit plan, access the builder from the Lessons, Units, and Rubrics tab on the top menu bar of your Taskstream account.
Click to go into the Lesson Builder or the Unit Builder.
Note: A unit is a sequence of lessons, so they are related.
To Create a New Lesson Plan
1. Click the Create New button at the top of the screen.
2. Enter a title for your lesson/unit (maximum of 100 characters)- you can always rename it later by clicking the Rename button on the main Lesson Builder page.
3. From the pull-down menu, choose a format. If your school has created a custom format for you to use, you can find it here. Otherwise, select one of the default options.
If nothing happens when you click a button to enter content, check this article for help: Enabling Pop-up Windows in Taskstream
Attaching a file
1. To attach a file, click the button for the appropriate section of the lesson plan.
2. In the pop-up window, click the Attachments tab.
3. Click Add Files to locate your file on your computer.
4. (Optional) To select multiple files, hold down the CTRL button as you select each file.
5. After you have selected your file(s), click Open.
6. Back in the attachments window, click the Start Upload button. Once the upload is complete, close the window
Adding Web Links
1. To attach add a web link, click the button for the appropriate section of the lesson plan.
2. In the pop-up window, click the Web Links tab.
3. Name your link.
4. Paste the URL (web address) for the website you'd like to link to.
5. (Optional) Enter a file description.
6. Click Add Link.
Note: You can also add a hyperlink in a text field by highlighting text and clicking Insert> Link
1. Click the Assessment/ Rubrics section. If there is no Assessment/ Rubrics section, then you may wish to attach your rubric to another section that makes sense for your lesson plan.
2. Click the Rubrics tab and check the box next to the the rubric(s) you'd like to add.
3. Click Save & Close Window.
1. To open the Standards Wizard, click the Standards button from your lesson plan.
2. To browse or select standards, use the pull-down menu or links provided.
3. Click Go.
4. Proceed to the lowest level of your chosen standards set and select the checkboxes next to desired choices.
5. Then click Save and Return to Lesson.
Once you have completed your Lesson/Unit plan, you can print it or share your work.
Requesting Comments/ Feedback
To Submit your Lesson or Unit for evaluation in a DRF program, click the article below for directions:
Submitting an Artifact Created in Taskstream (Lesson Plan, Web folio, Rubric, etc.)
If you are enrolled in a program with Reviewers, you can share your lesson with your Reviewer for feedback. See this article for more information on submitting for Review: How to request and view comments from a Reviewer
1. At the top or bottom of your lesson, click Request Comments.
2. Click to select the names of the Reviewer(s) you'd like to share your lesson with.
3. Click Submit for Review. A pop-up window confirms your request.
Emailing a Lesson/Unit Plan
2. To select the person who is to receive your lesson (via the Message Center):
a. Click Select Recipients OR
b. In the Enter external recipients field, type the email address.
c. (Optional) If you send a lesson through the Message Center and want to allow the recipient to copy the
lesson into their own Lesson Builder, select Allow Taskstream recipients to copy this lesson for editing.
3. (Optional) You can include a personal message with your lesson.
4. To send your lesson, click Send Message.
Print / Export to PDF
a. From the print view window, click CTRL-P or click on the Print icon in your browser.
b. To create a PDF that may be printed or saved to your computer, click Export to PDF from the print view
window on the top right.
Adding Lesson Plans to a Unit Plan
1. Go to the Unit Builder from Lesson, Units, & Rubrics on the top navigation bar.
2. Create a new Unit Plan by adding a title, selecting a format, and clicking Create.
3. In your Unit Plan, click Learning Activities.
2. Click Add New Learning Activity (top or bottom button).
3. You'll have the option to create a new lesson plan, which will take you back into the Lesson Builder or you can select an existing Lesson Plan from the drop down menu and click Add to Unit.
4. You can continue adding lesson plans to your Unit by clicking Add New Learning Activity. Click Accept and Return to Unit when you have finished adding lesson plans to your Unit Plan.
If you need to submit your Unit Plan for Evaluation in a DRF program, see: Attaching and Submitting an Artifact Created in Taskstream: Lesson Plans, Web folios, Rubrics
To request comments/ feedback from a Reviewer, see: Requesting Comments/ Feedback