This article will walk you through the process of creating a link in your D2L course that takes students to a specific assignment in LiveText.
NOTE: If you would like to use the Grade Return feature, which allows grades submitted in a LiveText assignment to be passed back to the D2L gradebook, students must click the link in D2L and submit the LiveText assignment. If a student goes directly to www.livetext.com and submits the assignment, their grade will not pass back to D2L.
1. Create an assignment in LiveText. Check the Publish Assessments and Sync Grades with LMS boxes.
2. Log into your D2L account and navigate to the Content page for your course
3. Go to Add a module > enter a module name of your choice and press the Enter key (NOTE: If you have an existing module you would like to use, you may skip this step)
4. Go to Existing Activities > External Learning Tools
5. Select the LiveText LTI 1.3 tool that was added by your administrator. A link will get added to your course content page.
6. Click the actions icon (arrow) next to the link and click Edit Properties In-place
7. Select the Open an External Resource checkbox
8. You can change the title of the added LTI Launch link by clicking on it
9. Click on your module link displayed on the left side of the window under the Table of Contents
10. Click on LiveText LTI link that you added, A new tab will open and you will see a screen that looks like this:
11. Click the radio button next to Specific Assignment and click Select & Save
12. Choose a Course Section (NOTE: you will only be able to choose a course section if your LiveText account has been added as an instructor to the course)
13. Choose an assignment from the selected course section and click Select & Save
14. Click Return to LMS
Clicking the link in D2L will now take you and your students directly to the LiveText assignment.