This article will walk you through the process of creating a link in your Blackboard course that takes students to a specific assignment in LiveText.
NOTE: If you would like to use the Grade Return feature, which allows grades submitted in a LiveText assignment to be passed back to the Blackboard gradebook, students must click the link in Blackboard and submit the LiveText assignment. If a student goes directly to www.livetext.com and submits the assignment, their grade will not pass back to Blackboard.
1. Create an assignment in LiveText. Check the Publish Assessments and Sync Grades with LMS boxes.
2. Log into Blackboard and navigate to the Content page for your course
3. Hover your mouse over Build Content and select the LiveText LTI 1.3 tool that was added by your administrator
4. Enter a Name for the assignment
5. Set Enable Evaluation to Yes if you would like to use Grade Return. Enter the maximum possible points for the assignment in the Points Possible field
6. Click Submit
7. Return to the Content page for your course
8. Click on the new link you created. You will be brought to a screen that looks like this:
9. Click the radio button next to Specific Assignment and click Select & Save
10. Choose a Course Section (NOTE: you will only be able to choose a course section if your LiveText account has been added as an instructor to the course)
11. Choose an assignment from the selected course section and click Select & Save
12. Click Return to LMS
Clicking the link in Blackboard will now take you and your students directly to the LiveText assignment.