This article will walk you through the process of creating a link in your Moodle course that takes students to a specific assignment in LiveText.
NOTE: If you would like to use the Grade Return feature, which allows grades submitted in a LiveText assignment to be passed back to the Moodle gradebook, students must click the link in Moodle and submit the LiveText assignment. If a student goes directly to www.livetext.com and submits the assignment, their grade will not pass back to Moodle.
1. Create an assignment in LiveText. Check the Publish Assessments and Sync Grades with LMS boxes.
2. Navigate to your course in Moodle
3. Click the Turn editing on button
4. Click on the Add an activity or resource link
5. Select the External tool option
6. Enter in the Activity name
7. Go to the Preconfigured tool dropdown and select the LiveText LTI 1.3 tool that was added by your Moodle administrator
8. Expand the Grade section and enter the maximum possible points
9. Click Save and return to course
10. Click on the new assignment link you created. You will be brought to a screen that looks like this:
11. Click the radio button next to Specific Assignment and click Select & Save
12. Choose a Course Section (NOTE: you will only be able to choose a course section if your LiveText account has been added as an instructor to the course)
13. Choose an assignment from the selected course section and click Select & Save
14. Click Return to LMS
Clicking the link in Moodle will now take you and your students directly to the LiveText assignment.