Student Success & Engagement’s most used feature is integrated messaging support.
Remain truly engaged with your caseload of students through sending and archiving messages with ease.
If an email originates from SS&E with further messaging happening outside of the platform, the communication will still be captured and archived within SS&E.
Student Record - Message a Single Student
- Message to a single student by clicking on “Message” from the student menu bar.
Messaging Page - Message a Single Student or a Group of Students
- Directly message a student or a group of students by going to the “Messages” page.
- Message Recipient (To) Filters are permission based, further explained below.
Courses Tab - Instructors can Message Student(s) from a Course Roster page
- Instructors can also message individual/multi-selected/all students from their "Courses" tab by clicking on a course section being instructed, selecting the recipient(s), and then selecting "Message" from the top of the course roster page.
Messaging Permissions - Role Based Message Filters
- Many message filter options are defined in Role Administration under the Message section.
- When unchecked, the message filter option will not display in the message recipients dropdown.
- For more information about message filter options, see below.
Messaging Filter Options
From the "Messaging" page (envelope icon):
- Users have the ability to message one student or a group of students by selecting multiple student recipients or selecting a custom/predefined filter (some filters are based on role permissions).
- Users have the ability to create a Message Template.
- Users have the ability to create a Scheduled Message.
- Messaging allows users to easily message a predefined group of students such as the message sender's "caseload".
- On the Messaging tab, "My Caseload" only refers to students where the logged-in user is their primary advisor or primary coach.
- This is not to be confused with the predefined "Caseload Filter" that also includes all students the user is following and abides by the user's Caseload User Settings.
- Messaging 'All Students On My Caseload' will send a message to the user's entire caseload regardless of the student status.
- To clarify, this means that the students may be Continuing and may not be enrolled in a current or future term.
- Messaging the Caseload - Filter will message ALL students on the logged-in user's caseload filter, including students the staff user is following.
- Predefined Group Message Filter options for a group of student recipients include sending messages by Tag, Risk Indicator, Caseload, Degree, Program, Courses, and more.
- Staff or faculty may send a message to one student or a group of students that are not already grouped together in any of the available message filters using the "Selected Recipients" filter option. Here they can type in, select, or copy paste student names or student Id numbers within the Recipients field.
Bulk Messaging Recipients from a List of Student Ids
One option in the messaging filter dropdown list is the ability to send a message to a list of student ids.
- This is very useful when you already have a list of student recipient ids in a spreadsheet or another format and want to quickly send a bulk message to the identified students.
To perform bulk messaging by student Id:
- Select "Recipients from List of Student Ids" from the "To" dropdown.
- Copy/paste a list of student ids to where it says "Paste Recipient Ids Separated By a Comma, Space or New Line/Spreadsheet Cell".
- Once the student Ids are copied into the message form, SS&E will lookup each student Id and notify how many message recipients were found, and who was not found.
Once a message has been created, clicking on "Send" will immediately initiate the message communication.
- While messages can be sent to a group or students and predefined populations, to the recipient of the message it will always appear as if the message was sent to them individually.