Add/Modify Course Resources
Courses are populated in faculty and student accounts through a data import process by a school or university LiveText administrator. The Admin Account is responsible for this action. Please contact your LiveText administrator for details.
Once course sections have been uploaded, instructors and administrators can insert a syllabus, as well as additional resources. Users can insert LiveText documents, URL references, and/or attachments.
Insert Syllabus & Resources
- Click the Courses tab located in the top center of the screen.
- Click the title of the Course Code or Course Name within the All Courses area.
- Click the Edit button located in the top left corner of the Course Overview tab.
- Insert LiveText Document(s), URL Reference(s), and/or Attachment(s).
- When finished editing the course details, click the Finish button located in the upper left corner of the Overview area.
The Courses tab displays active courses. To edit courses from a previous or future term, click the View Other Terms link located in the top right side of the screen.
Insert LiveText Document(s):
- Click the Browse... button in the LiveText Document(s) area.
- Click the View Label dropdown menu and select a Label (e.g. My Work, Inbox, or a custom label) where the document is listed.
- Select the checkbox to the left of each document to be added.
- Click the Insert Document(s) button.
Insert URL Reference(s):
- Enter the URL (e.g. www.livetext.com) in the URL text box.
- Click the Insert button.
The files stored in the File Manager will be accessed during any process of attachment. ie: attaching a file when creating an assignment, as well as during document creation, editing courses/adding resources, and assignment submission and editing. When attaching during any of these processes, you will see an upload feature accompanied by a Browse button.
- Click the Browse... button under the Attachment(s) section of the page.
- Go to the Uncategorized dropdown menu and choose the label where the file is located in the File Manager. By default, users should see files in the Uncategorized label.
- Select the checkbox associated with the file.
- The file will automatically be inserted.
If you have the file you want to use is not located in the File Manager, you can click the Upload New... to begin uploading files from your device.