- Click on Field Experience in the sidebar, then Assessments.
- Click on the name of the student whose binder you want to assess. Use the search function as needed.
- On the left, you will be able to view the binder description, due dates, site/placement information, any attached standards and the student’s submission.
- On the right, you will be able to view the binder’s assessment tool(s), grant due date
extensions, and provide additional feedback.
Split Screen View
Students have the option to attach three different types of work.
- If the student has submitted a Tk20 artifact, it will be displayed on the left side of the screen. Click on the artifact name to open the attachment.
Click Artifact Name to View
- If the student has submitted a file upload, you may click on Download to save it to your computer, or you can click on View and Annotate to open the document in your web browser.
- To annotate:
- Select the text you wish to annotate, then click to leave a comment.
- Click Save to to add your annotated comment.
Note on Annotations: If you have provided annotated comments for a student artifact not yet submitted by the student, the student will not see the annotations in the original artifact. The student will only be able to see annotated items by selecting the ‘Assessment’ tab in the binder:
Once the student submits the artifact, the annotations will be visible in the original artifact as well.
c. Click to edit your comment or to delete it.
Review and Edit or Delete Annotation
Assessing Student Submissions
- Click on the Field Experience Forms available in the right side of the screen to complete
assessments of your student.
- Complete the assessment by selecting the radio button for each criterion within the
traditional rubric, as well as any additional questions.
- After you have completed the form, choose one of the following actions:
- Save: save work and return at a later time,
- Save & Close: finalizes the data entered into the assessment form and closes the form
- NOTE: When any assessment is saved OR submitted, the binder will lock for students so that they cannot make revisions. In order to open a binder back up for student editing, please see the section below titled “Granting an Extension”
- Repeat this process until you have finished all assessments.
- When you are finished with the last form, click Submit.
- If available, comments may be left for each criterion within the score column of the rubric.
- A Grade may be entered for the student based on the Total Score.
- You will not be allowed to submit your binder until you have completed all assessment
- After you click Submit, the evaluations become locked!
Extend the Due Date
Click on the Due Date(s) tab on the right half of the split screen.
Click Edit Due Date.
Select a new due date and time.
Enter a comment.
You can also refer to the video link: Assessing a Field Experience Binder
Article is closed for comments.