Note: The statement below appeared prior to 2017 in a pop-up from a link “Privacy Statement” in the Navigation Bar Hand menu under the old Faculty Success user interface. For updated information on our security, please see Database Type, Servers and Security.
Although moving processes in higher education to a digital format offers many advantages, it also opens the door to challenges such as privacy and security. Faculty Success completely acknowledges this and understands that these challenges must be met with no exceptions.
With Faculty Success, you can be assured that the following conditions will be met:
- Information exchanged between your computer and our servers are always transferred over an encrypted connection to prevent unauthorized exposure.
- Faculty Success' servers are in a datacenter that has these features:
- Locked, caged server room protected by armed security guards who are present at all times
- Servers are firewalled and located behind an intrusion detection system
- Redundant fire suppression and climate control systems
- Redundant power and Internet connections
- Secure nightly backups to five geographically-dispersed locations
- Faculty Success is compliant with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act
- Faculty Success is registered and has certified with the United States Department of Commerce as compliant with the Safe Harbor Principles in effect between the European Union and the US
- Your personal information will never be released, sold or shared by Faculty Success with parties other than your academic institution and parties that we use to provide the technical services that we do. When we must share data with these parties, we establish legally-binding confidentiality agreements and non-disclosure agreements to protect the shared data.
Many steps have been taken to protect your data and personal identity in every component of our solutions. Faculty Success hopes you enjoy your experience with our system!