When leaving Notes on a student's record, users are required to choose a Note Type before saving the note to a student's record.
- By design, notes are only used by staff users and note types determine which staff user roles are able to view and create notes using a specific note type.
- By design, each note is associated with a note type. If a user does not have any role with permitted note types, they will not be able to add/create a note within SS&E.
- For more information about Note Types Administration, click here.
Note Type Usage
Note Types are fully customizable by each institution and therefore allow for reports to be developed based upon the data collected when staff enter notes of each specific note type.
- Note types not only help categorize notes by "subject", they are also used to apply security to notes.
- Note Types only allow users assigned specific permissions to be able to create and view certain note types.
- Each non-student user must have permission to access ALL of the note types associated with a note in order for it to be visible to them when checking a student record in SS&E.