In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through each step of the submission process in Student Learning & Licensure, ensuring that you have a clear understanding of the procedures involved.
Please see the video below that will show you the student interface in Student Learning & Licensure. Click CC for captions and the expand button (lower right) for full screen.
In Progress Tab
After logging in, the In Progress tab will list all of a student's open courses. For each individual course, activities ready to be started or continued will be listed with the course information.
Please note, if you do not see the course you are attempting to submit to, please contact your institution directly regarding the course or internship.
Course Activity Tab
Clicking on an individual course will display the course activity tab. The course activity tab allows a student to view, begin, or continue activities. If an activity has been assessed, the student can also see the results of the assessment. The course details tab also provides access to the course homepage.
The Homepage Tab
On the course details screen, selecting the Homepage tab allows a student to view the course homepage. The course homepage can provide information and resources about the course to student. If you are expecting to find resources on this tab; but, they are unavailable, please contact the instructor directly.
Activities can be thought of as assignments, and are tasks that are completed by students, often followed by assessment of the student’s work. Activities can contain several methods for students and instructors to provide information. Instructors may include information such as directions for completing the activity, or attached files for reference. Students can submit information in various ways, such as text boxes, answering multiple choice questions, and uploading attachments.
The Activity Tab
The activity tab shows all current activities for a course, including an activity’s name, due date, and submission status.
Directions to begin or continue an activity/ assignment:
- From the In Progress tab, or from a course details page, click on the activity to be completed.
- Populate any required fields and provide any necessary information.
- Click the SAVE button to save all work, and return to the activities list, or click SUBMIT to complete the activity submission.
To attach one or more files from your device to an activity, please follow these steps:
- Access your student account
- From the In-progress tab, click on the name of the course where you are attempting to submit.
- Click on the title of the activity.
- If you need to attach a file, then your instructor would have created an attachment component. This will appear as a "Select File" button. Click this button to select a file. Note: If you do not see the "Select File" button available within the activity, please contact your instructor directly. They would need to make this button available to you before you can attach a file.
- In the attachment window that opens, select Local File.
- Click the "Choose File" button.
- In the window which opens, find one file on your device that you would like to attach and click "Open".
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 as needed to attach more files.
- Click the "Insert" button to attach the selected file(s) to the activity.
To withdraw a submitted activity:
- From the In Progress tab, or from a group details page, click on the activity to be withdrawn.
- Click the WITHDRAW button.
NOTE: Not all submitted activities can be withdrawn. Below are the four reasons the WITHDRAW button will be greyed out:
- The assessor has begun the assessment process.
- The withdraw feature was disabled for the activity when it was created.
- The activity due date has passed.
- The course end date has passed.
If you are unable to withdraw but you need to make changes to your submission, please contact your instructor.
To view a completed assessment:
- From the In Progress tab, or from a course details page, click on an assessed activity to view the assessment results.
- Any previous submissions to the activity can be viewed by selecting it from the Assessments History dropdown menu.
- When finished, click Cancel.
We hope this comprehensive walkthrough has empowered you with the knowledge and skills you need to navigate the submission process with confidence. Our Help Center has many resources that can assist with Student Learning & Licensure, but if you need further support, contact our Support Team by clicking Submit A Request or the Chat Messaging widget.