If you have our HigherEd product, students must have paid Tk20 accounts.
NOTE: To see if student accounts are paid and active, run the report called Courses 041 for the course section of relevant students. You are able to filter by “Active” or “Inactive” students
- Verify that your Districts, Sites, and Sites Staff are up to date with the following information (Managing Field Experience Districts and Sites ).
- District Name and Code
- Site Staff Name and Code
- Site Staff:
- Contact Information
- Associated Site(s)
NOTE: You can find a compilation of the site and site staff data currently on your server using the following reports:
-Field Experience 045: Comprehensive Report on Site Staff
-Field Experience 077: Site Information
- Ensure that new courses that could potentially be associated with field experience are marked as “Eligible for Placement”. You can do this by accessing the course record through Course Registration and marking the “Eligible for Placement” box (see example below)
Eligible for Placement
LOGGING IN AND ACCESS
- Verify that students, site staff, and university supervisors are able to log in and have the correct privileges to access and/or assess the field experience binders.
NOTE: You can check user privileges by navigating in the side menu to Administration Security Privileges.
- Students should have access to the first three Field Experience rows (Field Experience Tab, Field Experience with the star, and Field Experience). They will also need to have access to Folders.
- Site staff should have access to the first three Field Experience rows (Field Experience Tab, Field Experience with the star, and Field Experience). They will also need to have access to Assessments.
- University Supervisors (normally the Faculty Role), should have access to the first three Field Experience rows (Field Experience Tab, Field Experience with the star, and Field Experience). They will also need access to Assessments, Sites, and Reports.
- Review and update your field experience placement and/or binder templates and
- Update Artifact templates and Field Experience Forms. Send newly revised documents to Tk20 for configuration (or configure them independently)
- Optional: Update organizational alignment and/or associated standards
- Place students either manually or through Bulk uploads
- Sending a Field Experience Binder
- Monitor your placement information and sent Field Experience binders in the following reports:
- Field Experience 019: Comprehensive Report on Field Experience Binders Sent
- Field Experience 059: Comprehensive Report on Field Experience Binder Content