Access to this product feature is dependent on your institution's Watermark agreement
Base ☑ | Faculty Accomplishments ☐ | Reviews, Promotion and Tenure ☑ | Web Profiles ☐
You can access the Workflow Administrator Certification videos here.
Forms in Workflow are the centerpiece of what most end users will see when they interact with the utility. They provide participants with the opportunity to prepare their materials in consideration for a review process, whether that be annual reviews, promotion and tenure, sabbatical approvals, or any other process you have built into Workflow.
You will configure a single form for steps for candidates and administrative reviewers. For committee steps you have the option to configure two forms, to help facilitate committee collaboration from right within Workflow.
Accessing the Form Builder
- In the Workflow utility, select the appropriate Template, and you will be brought to the Edit Workflow Template screen.
- Select the Step for which you want to configure the Form.
- On the right side of the screen, under Configure Step, click the link that reads "Configure Form." This will open the Form Builder for that step.
- You will be presented with a sample field. This item can be modified or deleted.
- Then, you can either insert instructional text, insert an existing form from a different step (and template) or insert fields as needed to build your form.
Note that when you are editing instructional text, you will have at your disposal a number of rich text editing options to make the instructions more visually appealing and clear. The character limit for instructional text is 300,000.
Selecting Insert Form will enable you to pull in a form from an existing step and template that is already in use. After clicking “Insert Form”, the screen will display drop-down fields for you to select which, Template, Step and Field you want to pull from.
Insert Form Options and Drop-Down Lists in Insert Form
Report: This option will present you with a list of reports from Faculty Success. When a user accesses the Form, any reports you have selected here will automatically generate and appear on the Form.
Note that not all Faculty Success reports will be available here. This is limited to the following:
- Full-Service Reports that are available to the Faculty security role
- Self-Service Reports that have been built by an administrator and shared with faculty
- File Upload: This will allow the submitter or reviewer to attach any supplementary documentation. You can specify a number of files that are allowed, or you can allow unlimited files to be added here. The maximum file size that can be uploaded is 1 GB, common examples include pdf, doc, png, mp4.
- Text: This will insert a free-text field on a single line, making it ideal for a shorter field such as "Name."
- Text Area: This will insert a free-text field with multiple lines and rich text editing options, making it ideal for Narrative or Comment fields. The default character limit is 20,000. You can configure the number, but the maximum allowed characters is 99,999. Images and files may not be embedded, and should be captured with a file upload field.
- Prior Year Submissions: Add the ability to select a prior year reviews from the system in the current years submission without the need to download the submission from last year. The prior year submission is generated in a single html file. You may allow up to 10 submissions to be included. (Note: Candidates will only be able to select their completed submissions from the drop-down menu)
- Rating Scale: This allows reviewers to provide a rating of the submission. You can configure ratings using a Likert (numeric) Scale.
Drop-Down Lists: This allows participants or reviewers to select a single option from a predefined list of options. There is a hard maximum of 999 drop-down list values, but you may notice performance issues if you have multiple drop-down lists within a given template.
You can enter these options in the form builder line-by-line, or you can utilize the bulk editor to copy and paste a list of options from elsewhere. The bulk editor will first look for line breaks to determine how to delineate between values. If there are no line breaks found, it will look for other delimiters such as commas or semicolons.
Drop-Down Lists — Line-by-Line entry
Drop-Down Lists — Bulk Editor
Configuring Multiple Forms for Committee Steps
When configuring a committee step, you will determine separately what the committee chair and the committee members will each be able to see and do when that step is active, and how much collaboration you’d like to equip committees to do digitally and asynchronously through Workflow. Upon selecting “Configure Form” for a committee step, you will see two tabs - one for the Committee Chair, and one for the Committee Member.
In the Committee Chair tab, you will configure the form that the chair will use to compose and submit the committee’s formal, on-the-record response. This form is required for all committee steps.
In the Committee Member tab, you can configure two settings.
- Configure a Member Form to provide committee members the ability to share unofficial written reflections with the chair or their fellow committee members. Member forms are meant to enhance, or take the place of, in-person committee meetings by asynchronously facilitating the open discussion that takes place during those meetings.
"Enable Member Visibility" will provide additional access to the members on this committee.
The committee chair receives access to the committee member roster automatically but committee members are only able to see who else is on the committee, and when each person last reviewed the given submission. if this toggle is enabled.
- If Member Visibility is disabled, the response a member submits using the Member Form will only be visible to the committee chair. This configuration would be useful in a case where you’d like each committee member to provide a written response to the chair after reviewing the draft of the formal committee response.
- If Member Visibility is enabled, members can use this form to share a “response” for consideration by the entire committee, perhaps prior to, or instead of, doing so verbally in a committee meeting.
Note: Member responses are not part of the official submission record. The only response from the committee step that carries forward as part of the formal documentation of a submission, and is available after the submission moves to the next step, is the one submitted through the Chair Form. Once the committee step is complete, member responses are not visible anywhere in the system.
It is also important to note that Workflow Administrators never have visibility to responses submitted through the Member Form.
The Workflow module is available to add to Faculty Success for an additional fee. To learn more about adding it for your institution, please contact your Client Success Manager.