- In order to view a specific pipeline, users must have at least one security role included in the "Roles that can view" setting assigned on the Pipeline Details tab in Pipelines Administration.
- In order to add, move or edit opportunities within a specific pipeline, users must have at least one security role included in the "Roles that can manage opportunities" setting assigned on the Pipeline Details tab in Pipelines Administration.
View Opportunity Details
The Opportunity Details Page is accessed by selecting an individual opportunity either from the Pipeline Details Page Card View or List View.
- To close an opportunity detail page, select the x in the top right corner.
The Opportunity Details page displays information about the opportunity and allows users to take actions on an individual opportunity.
- By design, the opportunity detail page looks very similar to a person profile page. What is different is that the opportunity details page includes information that relates to the opportunity's status in the current pipeline.
- The tabs that display on the Pipeline Opportunity Details page are enabled for the Pipeline's Entry Person Type in Person Type Administration.
- When permitted, the Opportunity Details Pipelines tab (and the person record Pipelines tab) will display all pipelines where the person is an opportunity, regardless of each pipeline department app/type.
- A progress bar accross the top of the opportunity details page shows the (green) stage that the opportunity is currently in, and the (blue) stages they have already passed through.
- The Pipeline Details Card View also displays the progress bar on each opportunity where green represents the stage that the opportunity is currently in, and blue represents the stages that have already been passed through.
Note: The data that appears on the Opportunity Details page is scoped by default to the current pipeline. Only information created within the context of the pipeline will appear in the Opportunity Details tabs by default (see "Add content to opportunities" below).
How to Move Opportunities through Pipeline Stages
When an opportunity reaches a milestone within a pipeline, it should be moved to the "next", most appropriate stage. There are four ways to move opportunities within a pipeline:
From the Pipeline Details screen:
1. In the Card View, drag and drop an individual opportunity into any other pipeline stage.
2. In the List View, select one or more opportunities and then select the "Change Stage" pipeline Bulk Action.
3. From the Opportunity Details page Pipelines tab, select the pipeline name and then select the “Change Stage” action.
4. From the person record Pipelines tab, select the pipeline name and then select the “Change Stage” action.
How to Apply (Bulk) Actions to Pipeline Opportunities
Pipeline Details Bulk Actions
From the Pipeline Details page List View, the following bulk actions can be taken by selecting the target opportunities and then selecting an action from the following pipeline "Actions"*:
*At least one opportunity must be selected in order for the Actions menu to appear.
- Change the Pipeline Stage
- Edit the Opportunity Assignee
- Send a Message
- Create a Note
- Assign a Task
- Assign an Action Plan
- Add to a Campaign*
- Send a Survey
- Copy the Opportunity(s) to another Pipeline
- Create Alert
*"Add to Campaign" will allow users to directly enroll "person" opportunties in an existing campaign, even if they do not match the criteria on the person filter that is associated with the campaign. If they overlap and already exist in the campaign, they will not be duplicated in the campaign.
Opportunity Details Actions
From an Opportunity Details page, accessed by selecting an opportunity from the pipeline details page card view or list view, the following actions can be taken on an individual opportunity:
From the opportunity details menu bar, you can:
- Send a Message
- Add a Note
- Create an Alert
From the opportunity details tabs:
- From the Tasks tab, Assign a Task
- From the Tasks tab, Assign an Action Plan
- From the Surveys tab, Send a Survey
- From the Meetings tab, Schedule a Meeting
- From the Pipelines tab, Change the Pipeline Stage by selecting the Pipeline Name and then "Change Stage"
Assign Opportunities to Staff Members
- Each opportunity can optionally be assigned to a staff member.
- When a staff member is assigned to an opportunity, this indicates that they are responsible for what is required in order to move the opportunity to the next milestone/pipeline stage.
- There are two ways to assign opportunity(s) to a staff member:
- From the Pipeline Details List View, select the target opportunity(s)and then select the pipeline Action "Edit Assignee". From the pop-up screen, confirm the target opportunities, select the Assignee and then select "Save".
- From an individual opportunity's Opportunity Details page, select the Assignee edit pencil. From the pop-up screen, select the Assignee and then select "Save".
After enabling the Pipelines Filter in Person Type Administration, the following three filter options will appear in the Person Type filter under "Pipelines".
- Opportunities Assigned To
The Pipeline Filters are NOT independent, rather the conditions are always combined together.
For example, selecting a Pipeline value and an Opportunity Assigned To value will find all person records in the selected pipeline with an opportunity assigned to the selected person.
If we only choose the "Opportunity Assigned to" value, then we’ll see all pipeline opportunities that are assigned to the assignee from every pipeline/every pipeline stage.