In addition to importing tags on the Person Tag data feed, bulk-assigning a specific tag to many students at once can also be handled two different ways within SS&E Admin, either from Tags Administration or from People & Roles Administration.
Tags Administration - "Assign Students to Tag"
- From the Tags Admin menu, select "Assign Students to Tag", as found here.
- Select the desired tag from the dropdown.
- Copy/Paste in a list of student ids in a comma-separated list format.
- Please see the instructions below to learn more on how to convert your lists into a comma-separated list.
- Click the Create button.
- Within 15 minutes all students will have the tag that has been bulk assigned.
- If a student already had the selected tag, they will not be assigned another instance of the same tag.
In order for "Assign Students to Tag" bulk assigning of tags to work correctly, the lists of Student IDs must be comma-separated.
- Click here for a few different ways to generate a comma-separated list of students.
People Administration - "Add Tag" Bulk Action
From the People Administration page, you may filter and multi-select a group of users by using the check box to the left of each student Id, and then using the bulk assign or bulk remove action to add or remove a selected tag from all the selected users.
For example, to add a tag via People Administration:
- The first step is to find and select the student users you wish to add the specific tag to, by filtering on a role/tag/hold then multi-selecting specific users.
- Once the users are selected, select "Add -> Tag" from the People Administration action menu bar, and then select a specific tag from the dropdown.
- After selecting "Save", the selected tag will be added to all the selected users. Checking the UI the tag should display on all users Profile tab (depending on the logged-in user permissions).
For more information about People Administration bulk actions, please click here.