The Export Roster Tool allows administrators to download a list of users by term and determine if they are matched with their courses.
To perform an advanced student roster export, follow these steps:
1. Log into a Course Admin account. This is an account containing the “Course Admin” tab near the top of the screen.
2. Click the “Course Admin” tab.
3. Click the “Course Editor and Exporter” link.
4. Click the “Export Profile” button.
5. Click on the "Advanced Export" link.
6. Select a term.
7. Select "Student" for Role.
8. Select "Placeholder" for the Member Status
9. Select "Added (A) for Roster Status (Action)
10. Select "Include" for Include blank columns.
11. If you would like to export the data in a CSV file, select "csv (Comma Separated Values)" in the "Save As Filetype" drop down menu. Otherwise, you will be exporting the data in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet by default.
12. If you would like to change the name of the file that will contain the exported data, you may do so within the textbox labeled "Save As Filename".
13. When you are ready to export the data, click the "Yes" button below and to the right of the question "Are you sure?" This will generate a file containing the exported data. Otherwise, click the "No" button to cancel the export.
If there are any individuals included in the export, then this means that courses were added for that person during this term and that those courses were not matched to an existing account. You may want to contact these students to determine their enrollment status. If one of these students states that they have an account, they may need to update their account information.