Importing a Goal Set
If you see this link on your manager account’s homepage (left-hand side), you have access to the Organization goals editor.
* This link is usually housed in the institution’s manager account homepage. If you do NOT see this “Organization goals editor” link on the left side of your homepage, contact your AMS Coordinator for assistance with creating and distributing goals sets.
Steps to Import a Goal Set
1. From the AMS Coordinator menu on the manager account homepage, click on the Organization goals editor link (screen shot above)
2. On the next page, click on the IMPORT GOAL SET button
3. Choose the radio button to the left of your desired goal set (you can use CTRL+F or COMMAND + F to search)
- Click the View Set link to the right of the set’s name to preview the content (the preview will open in a pop-up window, which you can close at your convenience).
4. Scroll to the top or bottom of the page and click CONTINUE
5. Now, you are taken to the Edit Goal Set Properties page, where you must:
- To the right of Status, click the radio button for Active
- To the right of Owning Organizational Area, use the drop-down menu to choose a participating area in the hierarchy (we suggest always choosing the top-most level, i.e. the name of the institution)
- To the right of Distribute Goal Set to, check the boxes for the participating areas who would need to receive the goal sets
- You may choose to distribute the set to the entire hierarchy by checking the box for Distribute to entire organization
*Optionally, you can edit the following or leave the defaults:
- Set Name
- Define Terms
6. Scroll to the top or bottom of the page and click CONTINUE
7. On the next page, choose Return to Goal Sets Home Page, if you are finished
- Otherwise, choose Edit “[Name of Goal Set]” to return to the Edit Goal Set Properties page
8. When you Return to Goal Sets Home Page, you can view the set, edit the content, delete it, or return to the properties page
9. If you choose to Edit the set, you will be able to add, delete, and edit both the standards and sub-standards.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I don’t see a set of standards, or the most recent version of a set?
Watermark maintains a collection of regional, international, and specialized accrediting standards. If you do not see a particular set, or the most recent version of an existing set, email our support desk at firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to a web page containing those standards. We will add them to our database. Please allow three to four weeks to process these requests.
What is the difference between outcomes and organization goal sets?
Outcome sets are entered by any user in a workspace for his/her assigned participating area. Organization Goal Sets are institution-wide goal/standard sets that are managed by your institution’s AMS Coordinators.
What is a workspace?
A workspace is a centralized, transparent repository for content about outcomes assessment and continuous improvement or related processes such as program review, strategic planning, or accreditation self-study. A workspace is structured in a way that guides users to enter different types of content into specific requirements.
What is a participating area?
A participating area is any group within your institution that is responsible for entering content into a workspace. For example, if the Accounting (B.S.) group is enrolled in a workspace, it is a participating area in that workspace. Every individual whose AMS account is affiliated with a participating area may be given access to all workspaces (or a subset of workspaces) in which the participating area is enrolled.