Please note terminology within Student Learning & Licensure has recently been updated and we're working to update our help center articles:
Group Templates = Courses
Groups = Sections
Adding SL&L activities to a D2L course
The following instructions will allow you to insert a link in your D2L course that takes students and faculty to a specific activity in Student Learning & Licensure (SL&L). Please note that the activity must be created in SL&L first, before it can be linked to D2L.
1. Log into your D2L faculty account and navigate to the Content tab for your course
2. Click Add a Module or go to an existing module
3. Click Existing Activities External Learning Tools
4. Select the SL&L LTI tool. A link will then be displayed on the course content page
5. Click the Actions icon to the right of the link, and click Edit Properties In-place
6. Ensure that Open as External Resource is selected
7. Change the title of the LTI link by clicking on it
8. Click on your module link displayed on the left side of the page
9. Click on the LTI link
10. A new tab will open. Choose the Specific Activity option
11. Choose a group and activity from SL&L, and click SELECT & SAVE in the upper right corner of the page
12. A Success message will be displayed on the page.
13. Close this tab and return to your D2L tab
14. From this page you will define the grade for your assignment by clicking Add a grade item...
15. Click + New Grade Item
16. Enter a Name of your choice
17. Select a Category or create a new Category (optional)
18. Enter a Description (optional)
19. For Maximum Points, enter the desired maximum grade value
20. Enter the Weight (%) that you want the grade item to contribute to the category or final grade. If a grade item is within a category you must specify the weight as % of the category, not the final grade. E.g. 25% of a category worth 30%.
21. For Grade Scheme, select an option Percentage. (Grade schemes let you represent users’
grades with symbols or labels. E.g. A,B,C or 4.0, 3.5, 3.0)
22. Click Create
23. Click Save
24. The assignment link is now created. Clicking the Open in New Window button will take you directly to the SL&L activity