When you have been assigned the role of a Field Experience Supervisor by an administrator, you will see a
new Field Experience tab at the top of your account (to the left of Dashboard) the next time you log in to
LiveText. Click this tab.
Under the Placements tab you will see all students assigned to you. Basic details about the placement will
appear below the student’s name. Click the “View Placement Details” button to see all activities
associated with this placement. You may also click Begin Assessment or Continue Assessment to go
directly to your assessment.
You will be directed to a page called View Placement. This page is a shared workspace,
accessible to the student and Mentor as well, that is used to manage all the key activities for your Field
- Basic details about the placement will display to the left.
- To write an email to the student, the Mentor, or both click the corresponding email icon or link.
- To view demographic information about the school and classroom, click View Demographics.
- To fill out your assessment rubric(s), click on the Begin Assessment or Continue Assessment link.
- Click the cells to highlight the level of performance achieved in each area.
- Add comments to any row of the rubric by clicking the Add Comment icon and typing in the textbox.
- Add comments for the entire assessment using the text box at the top of the rubric.
- To upload attachments to the shared workspace, click Add Attachments. Attachments can be LiveText documents or files.
- You may view the student’s Time Log on the right side of the screen. Hours are entered by the student.
- To approve the student’s entries, check the box next to the entry and click Approve Hours.