This feature allow you block access to grades in Canvas until the course evaluation is submitted. When Course Evaluations & Surveys is integrated with Instructure Canvas LMS, you can utilize the Canvas Grade Blocking feature to encourage students to complete their course evaluations.
The Grade Blocking feature requires specific permissions assigned to the role of the Canvas Administrator that generated the Canvas Web Service Token for the Course Evaluations & Surveys integration. If your institution would like to use these features in Course Evaluations & Surveys, please ensure the required permissions are enabled for the Role assigned to the Canvas Administrator that generated the Canvas Web Service Token. Note: Changing the permissions of the Role assigned to the Canvas Administrator does not require new web service token to be generated.
- The Account-level Survey Notification must be enabled on the Canvas Course in order to use the Canvas Grade Blocking feature. The system will display the Header and Body of the Course Evaluations & Surveys Account-level Survey Notification if no text is entered here and Canvas Grade Blocking is Enabled.
- The Start and End Dates will default to the Survey Start and End Dates if no dates are entered here and Canvas Grade Blocking is Enabled.
Canvas Grade Blocking
- Canvas Grade Blocking allows the CES Administrator to restrict the student from viewing their grades in Canvas until they have completed their survey for the course.
- When Canvas Grade Blocking is enabled, the student will receive a notification in Canvas if they attempt to access their grade.
Canvas Grade Blocking can be enabled and configured on the Project Properties tab of your Project:
- Enter the Header text of your notification.
- Customize the notification Body text, with plain text, or you can insert HTML.
- Enter the Start Date and End Date of the grade blocking period.
- Alternatively, you can restrict access to grades X number of days after the Survey Start Date.
- Canvas Grade Blocking supports course-level survey access dates.
- With Canvas Grade Blocking enabled and configured, if the student attempts to access the Grades page of the course in Canvas, but hasn't yet completed their survey for the course, they will instead see a blank page and the Canvas Grade Blocking notification you have configured.
- If a student does not take all their surveys, then grades will be blocked until all the surveys for that student end.