The Course Evaluations & Surveys User Integration with Instructure’s Canvas LMS has several components which allow students and instructors to seamlessly pass from Canvas into their Course Evaluations & Surveys account. As you get ready to kick off another round of evaluations on which you’ll want to get students’ feedback, we recommend upgrading your Canvas User Integration to make sure everything is optimal for a great experience, and you’re ready to achieve your response rate goals!
Upgrading the Canvas User Integration to the latest version carries over all the same functionality as the original version and there are no new features with the latest version, however, fewer external apps are deployed to Canvas with this latest version, enhancing the Canvas mobile experience while making ongoing management easier and more efficient.
The following provides further details on upgrading your Canvas User Integration between Course Evaluations & Surveys and Canvas.
NOTEIf your user experience in Canvas is not functioning as expected and you are on the original Canvas integration, it is recommended to update the Canvas User Integration to the latest version by following the steps below.
How to identify the version of your Canvas User Integration
- In Course Evaluations & Surveys, navigate to Account > Integrations (section) > Canvas > User Settings tab.
- Under the Installation section, Step 1: Customize the CSS in Your Canvas, if you find a "v=x" at the end of your CSS code as shown in the example below, then you are on the original version of the Canvas User Integration. If you do not find a "v=x" at the end of your CSS code, then you are on the latest version of the Canvas User Integration and no further action is needed.
Step 1: Remove the current user integration from Canvas
NOTEIt is recommended you take a screenshot or note the User Integration Setup settings on the Canvas User Settings tab prior to completing the below steps, as some of the settings may need to be reset as a final step.
- In Course Evaluations & Surveys, navigate to Account > Integrations (section) > Canvas > User Settings tab. Please take a screenshot or note the User Integration Setup settings on this tab.
- Under the Installation section, Step 3, click the Remove button. This will automatically remove Course Evaluations & Surveys External Apps and Course Evaluations & Surveys LTI links from your instance of Canvas. This video will walk you through this quick step.
- After the User Integration is removed from Canvas you will need to replace the Course Evaluations & Surveys code currently in your .css and .js files uploaded to your Canvas theme, and then re-deploy the User Integration to Canvas. This video will walk through these steps or you can also refer to the Canvas User Integration article in Help Center.