Branching question types allow the CES Administrator to manage the questions presented to a respondent, based on the user’s response options. This functionality allows you to target questions based on a user’s selection and streamline survey-taking for the student/respondent. You can also easily pull results via standard reporting in Course Evaluations & Surveys.
- A survey can have both branching and non-branching questions.
- Branching and non-branching questions can be made required, including the children.
- You can reuse a child question for additional branched questions.
To reuse a child question for additional branched questions.
- Reorder the sequence of the previously used child question. This means the child will show directly under the additional branched question.
- Use the number field and arrows below to move the sequence of the question. Note: This is not exclusive to branching question types.