The ePortfolios tab provides an area for students to make aspects of their Student Learning and Licensure account including their timeline and activities viewable to others.
To create an ePortfolio:
- Click on the ePortfolios tab on the right side menu.
- Click on the plus icon in the lower right corner.
- Click on Create ePortfolio.
- Choose to create from Blank Page or from a template.
- Enter a title and description for the ePortfolio.
- Click a component type to place it in the ePortfolio.
Component types include:
⦁ Text: Rich Text feature does include editing the font type, font size, color, bullet points, bold italics, underline, text alignment, images, and hyperlinks
⦁ Image: Images can be uploaded from a local computer, the Timeline, Google Drive, or Dropbox. SL&L is compatible with jpg, jpeg, gif, tiff, png, and bmp
⦁ Image Gallery: The Image Gallery allows the viewer to select and enlarge the image that is provided by the student. Images can be uploaded from a local computer, the Timeline, Google Drive, or Dropbox. SL&L is compatible with jpg, jpeg, gif, tiff, png, and bmp
⦁ Video: Paste a YouTube URL or retrieve videos from the Timeline
⦁ File Upload: Attach external files from a local computer, the Timeline, Google Drive, or Dropbox
⦁ Activities: Inserts entries from the owner’s Timeline, and presents the entry with a date stamp. Multiple entries can be included, as well as individual parts of a single entry.
The Design tab allows a member to customize a ePortfolio’s layout and colors.
To change how a ePortfolio looks:
1. Click on Choose Theme.
2. Use the menu on the right side to customize the font and color of each section.
5. Click on View to get a preview of the ePortfolio.
6. When finished, click Save.
To share a finished ePortfolio:
1. Click on the Share tab.
2. Click on the Public slide bar to enable public sharing.
3. The URL for the ePortfolio will now display. This can be shared with others or placed in a location (document, website, email) to be accessed by external viewers.
4. The ePortfolio can also be shared with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or by email.
To edit an ePortfolio:
1. On the instructor landing page, click on the ePortfolio tab.
2. Click on the appropriate ePortfolio.
3. Add any content or make edits and then click Save.