Overview: These directions show how a Taskstream LAT user with System Admin access can create and obtain LTI configuration settings (URL, Key, Secret) needed to setup Taskstream LAT as an External Tool.
The way it works:
- System Administrator creates a new LTI connection from within the Manage Single Sign-On page.
- Once the new connection record is created, the system administrator will be presented with the Taskstream LTI connection details: Launch URL, Shared Key, and Shared Secret.
- System Administrator or LMS Administrator creates a new External Tool within the LMS or a course using the URL, Key, and Secret obtained from the Taskstream Manage Single Sign-On page.
- Note: In order for SSO to take place initially for a user, the First name, Last Name, and Email passed from the LMS will need to match within Taskstream for the given user.
Step 1: Within Taskstream, the system administrator navigates and logs into the System Administration area and into the Single Sign-On page.
Step 2: Create a New LTI Connection
- Click LTI Connection button.
- Enter the URL for the LMS that will be used to connect to Taskstream.
- Enter the email address where you would like error notifications to be sent (Optional).
For LMSs that Do Not Support LTI
If you do not have an LTI compatible LMS, you may want to look at the following sample LTI Consumer application developed in .Net:
Full LTI Tool Consumer Example Application on GitHub: