Extensive Guide for the Faculty Credentials Module
The Faculty Profile contains personal information as well as the professional and academic history that qualifies a faculty member to teach specific courses.
Like the curriculum vitae (CV) that can be published from this information, the Faculty Profile is organized into multi-page sections that address specific categories of activity:
- Profile or Personal Information establishes a faculty member's identity with information automatically updated from the My AccountPersonal Information page. This basic description may be augmented with additional biographic and demographic information relevant to credentialing, additional contact information, and references or recommendations. This section also provides the opportunity to record personal statements about the credentials presented throughout the Faculty Profile.
- Credentials pages collect the faculty member's academic degrees and professional certifications, as well as professional development events, professional memberships, and awards and honors.
- Experience maintains a chronological view of positions held throughout career history, similar to a traditional resume. Specific pages are allocated to consulting positions and military experience.
- Teaching is reserved for an itemized list of courses taught at current or previous affiliated organizations. This includes, but is not limited to, the courses for which credentialing is being performed.
- Scholarship provides pages in which to describe and upload or link publications, presentations, research reports,working papers, grants and patents, as well as documentation of creative (arts-related) activities. A page is also designated for any other scholarly activity that does not associate with one of these areas.
- Service encompasses any professional, institutional or community services performed, including committee memberships.
To access the Faculty Profile option
From the AMS Homepage:
- Click the Faculty Credentials tab on the AMS Homepage.
- Click on the option. Based on permissions associated with your user id, this option will appear either as "Edit My Faculty Profile" or "Edit Faculty Profiles."
When working within the Faculty Credentials module:Click the Faculty Profile tab