The Timeline provides a place for documenting events. When an activity is assessed, the assessment is automatically added to a student’s Timeline. Students can also post other work, achievements, and events to the Timeline, which will store and display them in chronological order. The Timeline is private. However, Timeline entries can also be included in ePortfolios for sharing with specific people or with the public.
To add entries to the Timeline:
1. Click on the plus icon in the lower right hand corner
2. Click Add Work to Timeline.
3. Click on the Add Content tab at the top of the page.
4. Type a title for the Timeline entry into the Title text field.
5. Add a time and date to the entry by clicking the Date field, and choosing from the popup calendar.
6. Click a component type to place it in the Timeline entry. Component types include:
⦁ Text: Rich Text feature does include editing the font type, font size, color, bullet points, bold italics, underline, text alignment, images, and hyperlinks
⦁ Image: Images can be uploaded from a local computer, the Timeline, Google Drive, or Dropbox. SL&L is compatible with jpg, jpeg, gif, tiff, png, and bmp
⦁ Image Gallery: The Image Gallery allows the viewer to select and enlarge the image that is provided by the student. Images can be uploaded from a local computer, the Timeline, Google Drive, or Dropbox. SL&L is compatible with jpg, jpeg, gif, tiff, png, and bmp
⦁ Video: Paste a YouTube URL or retrieve videos from the Timeline
⦁ Attachments: Attach external files from a local computer, the Timeline, Google Drive, or Dropbox
7. Click the new component in the entry to edit the component.
8. Edit the component, and click the Save button.
9. Click the Edit Description tab at the top of the page.
10. Type a description of the entry in the Description text field.
11. Click Upload to attach a cover image to the entry.
12. When finished, click the Save button.
To edit a Timeline entry:
1. Click on the Timeline entry.
2. Make any additions or changes necessary.
3. Click the Save button.