If you're beginning to use Workflow in conjunction with Faculty Success, you may be grappling with the question of where certain data points belong. With that in mind, we've compiled some "rules of thumb" to help you determine the right place for your data.
It probably belongs in Faculty Success if...
- It is activity data (e.g. courses taught, awards, publications, etc.)
- It needs to be imported in bulk from another system
- It needs to be reported on amongst activity data. For example, you may have specific guidelines for the way annual goals are presented alongside activity data.
It probably belongs in Workflow if...
- It is contributed by a reviewer
- It is collected specifically for a review process and is reviewed separately from an activity report
- It is confidential data that should only be available to authorized users at specific times
- It should only be entered during a specific date range
If you're still unsure about where to capture certain data, please contact your Client Success Manager.
The Workflow module is available to add to Faculty Success for an additional fee. To learn more about adding it for your institution, please contact your Client Success Manager.
Article is closed for comments.