From within the Leader Insights dashboard, a user can review essential results from their Institution’s data, as well as interact and drill into data visualizations.
Please Note: The Leader Insights navigational areas will vary in appearance, as the Insights that appear for an institution are contingent upon the Watermark Solutions that the institution uses.
The navigational areas in your dashboard may include the following:
The Strategy area contains insights that are pulled from the Planning & Self Study and Curriculum Strategy solutions.
Planning & Self Study data that is referenced in the Strategy area allows users to monitor which programs or organizations are making progress articulating their mission, outcomes, and maps and which organizations might need a nudge. Current widgets include:
- Mission & Outcomes Definition: View the progress Organizations, Programs, and Courses are making with defining their mission, outcomes, outcome alignment, and curriculum maps
- Programs Mapped to Institutional Learning Outcomes: Identify which programs have created alignment to the Institutional Learning Outcomes. To inspire dialogue, the widget contains a drill-down from where program Leads can be reached out to.
Curriculum Strategy data that is referenced in the Strategy area allows users to monitor student interest across Programs, and activity across Curriculum proposals. Current widgets include:
- Top Programs by Catalog Page Views: Displays the top 10 programs by views in the last 30 days. Also allows the viewer to drill down to reference views across all programs.
- Curriculum Proposals by Year: Shows the total count of Curriculum proposals, as well as a referenceable breakdown of total proposals for New Programs/Courses and Revised Programs/Courses. Also provides count and percentage for total number of proposals that have been accepted.
For more information on the Planning & Self Study data found on the Strategy area, please click HERE.
For more information on the Curriculum Strategy data found on the Strategy area, please click HERE.
Within the Continuous Improvement area leaders have the ability to monitor continuous improvement activity related to past or upcoming years with insights from Planning & Self-Study, Student Learning & Licensure, and Course Evaluations & Surveys. If your institution does not license these solutions, the respective widgets will not be present. Current widgets available include:
- Organizational Participation in Assessment Planning: Quickly understand participation in the assessment plan for the current academic year, and drill in to see status by program. These insights are currently affiliated with the Planning & Self-Study solution.
- Course Evaluation Response Rates: Understand the high level progress of student course engagement and satisfaction, and evaluate how the current response rate compares to previous course evaluations as a benchmark for comparison. These insights are currently affiliated with the Course Evaluations & Surveys solution.
- Learning Assessment Progress: View the progress the institution is making in gathering authentic evidence of student learning. These insights are currently affiliated with the Student Learning & Licensure solution.
For more information on P&SS data found on the Continuous Improvement dashboard, please click HERE.
For more information on SL&L data found on the Continuous Improvement dashboard, please click HERE.
For more information on CE&S data found on the Continuous Improvement dashboard, please click HERE.
Within the Student area users can understand and respond to new or escalated challenges to student success in the selected term. These insights are currently affiliated with the Student Success & Engagement solution. Current widgets include:
- Term Overview: View student term enrollment alongside overall Predictive Risk Averages for Course Completion and Term Persistence.
- Course Completion and Term Persistence Risk & Engagement Summary Widgets: Understand the proportion of students by risk category and where your institution is prioritizing engagement efforts for students at risk.
For more information on the widgets found on the Students dashboard, please click HERE.
This widget will showcase curated data for Lightcast's Analyst product that includes Region, Industry and Occupation data. This data helps institutions identify trends and provides opportunities that they can deep dive into when informing strategic moves.
Institution & Region Context: View data from Lightcast’s Regions, including:
- Regional Demographics and Changes in Population, Jobs & Unemployment and Labor Force
- Regional Labor Force Breakdown
- Top 3 Highest and Lowest Growing Industries & Occupations in Region
Trends in Populations, Jobs, Labor Force & Unemployment - Review data indicating how population, jobs, labor force and unemployment trends have changed in the institution's Region.
Change in Population, Age Cohort & Race/Ethnicity - View changes in population broken down by Age and Demographic
- Labor Force Breakdown - Review a breakdown of the Region's total population organized into employment groups (i.e. Total Employed vs. Total Unemployed).
- Industries - View quickest and slowest growing industries in the institution's Region.
- Occupation - View quickest and slowest growing Occupations in the institution's Region.
For more information on the widgets found on the Labor Market dashboard, please click HERE.