A CES Administrator can use this feature to remove or reset a student/respondent response. This might occur if the student/respondent accidentally left feedback for the wrong course or instructor. Or the student/respondent might wish to make changes or add additional comments after they have already submitted their response.
To reset a response, follow these steps:
- Find the User on the Users tab of the project
- Click the pencil to Edit the user
- Find the specific course where you wish to reset the User's response and click the "Reset" link next to that course
- You will be presented with two options: Re-open or Reset
- Re-open the survey for a student for a specific course, which will make the survey active again for the student/respondent, without deleting their previous submissions. Use this option if the student needs to make minor changes/additions. If the survey is still active for the course, Re-open will be the default option.
- Reset the survey for a student for a specific course, which will delete their responses for all questions to the course. Use this option if the student needs to re-take the entire survey for that course. If the survey access period has ended for the course, Reset will be the default option.
- Make a selection and click GO
Once you have reset or reopened the response, the student will be able to access the survey again, assuming the survey is still active for that student. They can access the survey using the links in emails you sent or through links in the LMS using the user integration.