If you are using or are planning to use Quicklaunch 8 SAML as your identity provider there are a couple of extra tasks Quicklaunch needs to perform for you before SAML authentication will work with Watermark Student Success & Engagement products.
- Once you have the SS&E metadata from Watermark you will need to work with Quicklaunch support to setup the SS&E service provider information in Quicklaunch.
Note: If you are using SS&E and Next or a test instance you will need a separate service provider configuration for each one.
- For After the service provider entries are setup in Quicklaunch their technical support team will need to configure and provide you with a special URL that is different from the normal SAML redirect URL in the metadata from their configuration site. This URL will be similar to https://sso.quicklaunch.io/admin/secured/123/api/launch/9876
where "123" and "9876" are customized to your Quicklaunch tenant and SS&E service provider entry. If the Quicklaunch technical resource needs assistance configuring the backend settings for these URLs there are a number of other SS&E clients they can use as an example and SS&E support can provide additional assistance if needed. The process should be similar to this:
- In Quicklaunch admin
- Create new application with:
Replace <insert_tenant_domain_here> with your Quicklaunch tenant domain.
- Start SAML trace and watch while launching the application.
- The URL will be present in the log.
- Once you have the Quicklaunch metadata and special SAML redirect URL you are ready to schedule a SAML test with Watermark technical staff.
- If you are in implementation: please update your Authentication ticket or reach out to your project manager to schedule the necessary configuration work.
- If you are modifying your existing Authentication method: Reach out to your CSM or Watermark Support (https://support.watermarkinsights.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) to schedule the necessary configuration work.