This document describes the steps for an LMS Administrator to enable the SS&E / Aviso Moodle Plugin in their hosted environment.
In some cases it may be necessary to contact Moodle Support.
NOTE: For OpenLMS, please contact OpenLMS support and ask them to install the SS&E Aviso plugin. The SS&E / Aviso user created below should then be given access to the plugin.
Version: Moodle 3.x
- Enable Web Services
- Navigate to Administration / Site administration / Advanced features.
- Check "Enable web services" then click "Save Changes".
- Enable Rest format for Web Services
- Navigate to Administration / Site Administration / Plugins / Web services / Manage Protocols.
- Check Enable for "REST protocol" then click "Save Changes".
- Install the Plugin
- Navigate to Administration / Site administration / Advanced features / Plugins / Install plugins.
- If using Remote Learner
- Go to the Remote Learner Manager block.
- Click on the "Manage Add Ons" link.
- Remove the check mark from "Only Show Golden Add Ons".
- Type in "Aviso" in the search bar. "Aviso Web Services" will appear.
- Navigate to Administration / Site administration / Notifications to Apply Database updates.
- Create the SS&E / Aviso User
- Navigate to Administration / Site administration / Users / Accounts / Add a new user.
- Specify username as "Aviso System".
- Set Authentication method to "Manual accounts"
- Set Password to a random 50 character strong password. Keep this password for later.
- Set first name to "Aviso", Surname to "System" and email address to "firstname.lastname@example.org".
- Click Create User button.
- Create the SS&E / Aviso Role
- Download the avisorole.xml file.
- Navigate to Administration / Site Administration / Users / Permissions / Define Roles.
- Click "Add a new role" button.
- Click "Choose a file..." button.
- Browse to provided avisorole.xml file and upload.
- Assign the SS&E / Aviso Role to the SS&E / Aviso User
- Navigate to Administration / Site administration / Users / Permissions / Assign system roles.
- Click the "Aviso Role".
- Add the Aviso System user to the role.
- Configure the External Service
- Navigate to Administration / Site administration / Plugins / Web services / External services.
- For the Aviso external service, click Functions.
- Verify the "Aviso" External Service has these 5 functions:
- Add the Aviso user as an Authorized user to the "Aviso" external service.
- Contact SS&E staff.
- Provide username, password. SS&E staff will login to your SS&E system account to obtain the security token for API access.
- Ask SS&E staff to test Moodle connectivity.
Please sign in to leave a comment.